Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an awesome build you have planned. Could even be my current favourite RBBO9 work in progress. Kinda lowrider bomb/led sled look.

Can I ask what make & model frame that is you are using for the build?

If you installed the fenders on some small gas lifts (the type that hold your hatchback or hood up) so they could raise and lower 2-3 inches, it would make it look like it was airbagged without all the hassle.

What an awesome build you have planned. Could even be my current favourite RBBO9 work in progress. Kinda lowrider bomb/led sled look.

Can I ask what make & model frame that is you are using for the build?

Thanks BigRed, The frame is from a Micargi that I bought when I lived in San Diego back in 2005. I rode it a couple times then tore it apart to do some custom stuff to it. It never happened, so it's been apart for about 8 years now. BONINE is forcing me to finally finish this bike. Wohoo!

I don't know why, but it reminds me of Dracula's cape. Awesome and WICKED!
Haha, I see the resemblance. I take that as a compliment since your bike MOFAUX is one of my all time favorite bikes ever!!

OK, this kickstand bracket has got to go. It's ugly and in the way of the rear fender.

That was easy. I think I might need to remove the rear hand brake cross bar too. It's not going to be used and would just look out of place.

I'm making a fiberglass 'tank'. I used one inch blue insulation dense foam glued in multiple layers then shaped. I just covered it in body filler then high gloss house paint. The paint is so the fiberglass doesn't stick to the tank pattern.

Dracula's fangs! I love it!

This is gonna be a cool ride... I spy the nova in the background as well. We have a green 72. My dad had a yellow one about 10 years ago.

This is gonna be a cool ride... I spy a nova in the background?

Thanks Tuck. Yup, that Nova has been in the family since new. It's still all original too. The lacquer paint is a little ruff though.

Just incase you haven't noticed yet, my inspiration is from these.

As I mentioned earlier, my rear fender needs to be widened about 3 inches. I want the frame to be inside the fender so it doesn't screw up the flow of the bike. Usually when I'm laying tape lines I'll be painting something. Not this time, I just had to find the center line.

Back