anyone make 26x3.00 white walls?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone make 26x3.00 white walls? any idea how to do it? ratrod bike build off 3 had a black cruiser with huge rear whitewalls. skinnys fronts. someone told me i could paint it?

thanks

I've been messing around with painting some whitewalls using latex enamel (hoping the latex will stay pliable).
I use a brush BTW.
I start with 2 coats of Latex Kilz, then 2 coats of latex enamel. The paint I have on hand is glossy, so I apply another coat of Kilz to 'seal' it and provide a matte finish. I've tried spaying clear 'flat' on too, but it yellowed up. Here's an example of some I did for Double Nickle.

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

P.S. I have NO IDEA how durable (or not) these are, like I said, I'm just playing around with it. On the other hand, how 'ratty' would some chipped and flaking whitewalls look? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

There are a few 24 x 3 whitewalls to choose from.
Electra Fatti-O (like on the bike in the pic), Felt Thick Brick and the Nirve FatA**.

Good luck in whatever you choose and of course, post some pics!

Cheers,
Dr. T

The Kilz method is supposedly one of the best ways to make whitewalls. I know some hotrodders who painted their tires with Kilz a few years ago and it still looks good. They prefer it over actual whitewall paint.

How are the tires holding up? and what model of kilz did you use just the reg latex? I bought some reg oil based today but now that i re read this post im curious about if the latex stayed more pliable or not?

Latest posts

Back