* Bad Fish * Completed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * Bad Fish *

Well... when I first bought the fork, rim and tire set up the tire cleared by a frogs hair but now that I have put them on this set up they rub (for now) just enough to put resistance in the sidewall. I am not sure if it was a tire pressure thing or a Coors light haze when I last set them up together. Pretty easy fix if I choose to keep the Monark re-pops. If anything changes it surely wont be the tires... man i love the feel riding those things!!

Like everyone one else pretty much said... Digging your bike, but if it ain't what You want, it ain't right...
And a solution to your tire rub problem ... Quit drinking Coors Light when Building ...
Drink Pabst Blue Ribbon ....

slowriderz said:
IMG-20120602-00790.jpg

Since you asked... I like the bars on there. The proportions are right. Also, whatever was going on with the seat in this picture you need to recapture. The later pics with the stripped seat don't have the mojo that this picure does. I can't tell you why or how, but this is the look I would want to capture. It is just somehow right...

Good luck, Rg

I agree. I think it's the STANCE that the above photo has. It just screams 'Don't mess with me!!!"

kingfish254 said:
I agree. I think it's the STANCE that the above photo has. It just screams 'Don't mess with me!!!"

I agree as well...but if you ain't happy...Well in this case that's all that matters.

kicked around some bar ideas and covered the ole' Nanna seat with some leather from a coat my wife picked me up at a garage sale. Not real sure why she bought me a coat sized at 3x tall but i gots plenty of scrap leather now.

I think I am going to lay this bar madness to rest and come back to it later. I will let it pick its own personality as it grows.

IMG-20120612-00822.jpg

IMG-20120612-00818.jpg

IMG-20120612-00807.jpg

IMG-20120612-00813.jpg

Those last few shots with different bars shows that the bike looks good with just about any bar you use :eek: You will try something and know when you've found a keeper :shock: The bike will help you decide.Keep up the great work :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Those last few shots with different bars shows that the bike looks good with just about any bar you use :eek: You will try something and know when you've found a keeper :shock: The bike will help you decide.Keep up the great work :!:
I totally agree! but in the mean time I like the last one best :D
The fork, long tank, and the big meats really look sharp together. Plus leather upholstery, wow

Left the bar issue ride out and moved on, stripped frame and moving forward. I have only a few days left to get it rollin for my road trip. I will test ride then and see what needs to happen. Pics of the frame strip to come in the am

What the?!? Hey I liked that red! That last photo without the light is my fave. Add the light and those bars to me is the best. My 2 cent but who cares ya done stripped it so...GTB why don't ya!!! Peace

I toiled and stirred and pondered and got all emotional before i did it BUT.... once you put one drop of stripper on it its DONE. Truth be told, there was some very poor weld repair done on the BB way back in the day. It had charred the paint up and I just couldnt take it anymore. I am re-welding it today and then going to find a good color to use. maybe HOT pink or something really sexy like that :lol:

slowriderz said:
.... then going to find a good color to use. maybe HOT pink or something really sexy like that :lol:

I think you still have that Easy Stripper on your mind!!!!

img_235.jpg

I think that scene is titled "Hangin' with my Peeps"

I love the way frames look after they've been stripped. I've had Schwinn campus green on my mind for a while, maybe it would look cool on your bike. I like the tall apes and the bars in the last pic. Cool bike!

What a Blessed bike!

Back