MBBO BAD INFLUENCE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are doing a Great job on those forks. You should take over making them. I have the die and bender for the fork tubes. I have the die to make the ends of the fork tubes also.

Thanks! That’s an interesting idea on making more forks. I’ll have to give it some thought. 😎

I needed to prep this chain guard for paint. It’s chrome with rust so I started with the abrasive wheel on the 4 1/2” grinder which did a great job. It seems to have stripped the chrome down a bit and removed the rust. I’ll give it an oxalic acid bath to get rid of the rest of the rust. Then etch primer and more body work. I straightened out some of the dings with the body hammer. It will need a skim coat of filler to be smooth.
IMG_1865.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1869.jpeg
IMG_1870.jpeg
IMG_1871.jpeg

I wonder if a craft store like Michaels or an auto paint supply would sell a pack of flake only that you could sprinkle on while the paint is still wet.....just thinking out loud. I'm gonna look into that for future reference............

I couldn't wait so I just looked. Michael's has LOTS of options; more than I had time to explore now..........hmmmmm

I watched a video where a guy tried the Roth Flake aerosol kit and wasn't happy with the result, and truthfully it was kind of meh. Too expensive for meh. A professional paint job will cost me $600 and I'm already WAY over budget with this one so...

I'm going to order some more paints and try some combinations. I'm going to try Metalcast red over the gold metallic, and silver metallic
1729442444477.png

I'm going to try to salvage the red glitter paint with wet sanding, ugh, looks like a ton of work

1729442653478.png

281917-IMG-1826.jpeg

And I'm going to try the Metalspecks in red
51ZaDlhUo-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I'm also going to check out the Upol products at Autozone. We'll see what shakes out. No pun intended. :bigboss:

Duplicolor is nice if you find the colors you want. They spray well. Fairly priced for the quality. 👍🏼 Check out a Hobby Town if you have one around. They have good paint resources.
I live in the mountains where nothing is close by, but Amazon has it. I'll be in town this afternoon and drop by the parts store too.

Latest posts

Back