been bike hunting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
well the wifie took a plane last week to san deigo and left a list of honey doose cut the lawn ,trim the tree, build pantry,get the car smoged ect.. so i went bike hunting heres a few i bagged so far this is my fav. of the batch so far 69 i belive 20" typhoon scored this with a sting ray good for parts i guess,

freshfinds003.jpg

freshfinds005.jpg

also found thi kawi bmx any one what year ?
freshfinds001.jpg

and heres; a few frames 10 duketts a peice couldnt pass .,
freshfinds007.jpg

here;s another cool find didnt know what is was till this mornin.do you know ?
freshfinds002.jpg

and heres a couple other gems .
freshfinds011.jpg

man shes not back yet so im off and runin again heres a couple others i found.,
freshfinds013.jpg

freshfinds010.jpg
really dig this little scooter wish i could cruizz it but it would prob. fold with me on it!
happy hunting...

A.S.BOLTNUT, is that black one a Sears, maybe? It looks like this one http://peoria.craigslist.org/bik/1118923646.html, same dropouts. Anyway it would make a cool build. Nice load of bikes, whats the wife gonna say? Hope you took care of the lawn, tree, pantry and car... maybe you should do a few other things too! Like hide those bikes! GOOD LUCK :lol:

looks like you got your self a nice little collection, thoes should be fun to restore, your wife allready found 2 seats for you

Good man nice scores ..Sell me the Green typhoon. ..My wife is out of town to..except I didn't get no bicycles..But it is shur Quiet..LOL :wink:

danimal wrote.

man,you are busy where did you find all that stuff in 1 day?

man i must have coverd about 80 miles that day ,got the typhon and blue sting off craigslist then followed a leed on the cruisers which lead me too the three frames then the following day found the bmx { 3 in total } plus the scoot at a yard sale man that day was fun . then just today picked up two more ! check back on this thread later ! :eek:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
danimal wrote.

man,you are busy where did you find all that stuff in 1 day?

man i must have coverd about 80 miles that day ,got the typhon and blue sting off craigslist then followed a leed on the cruisers which lead me too the three frames then the following day found the bmx { 3 in total } plus the scoot at a yard sale man that day was fun . then just today picked up two more ! check back on this thread later ! :eek:

Oh you bet I'll check back...this is my favorite section of the board!

Btw, I sent you an email. Let me know.

Dan

heyy, i have a typhoon! it was red and was that nice.. till my friend bought it offa some guy. :cry: oh well! new stretch! great list of finds! im jealous!

ohh yah ! picked up two more but no pics my card is caput have to buy another get pics soon got another sting ray and a stange lookin 10 speed its a small frame western flyer cantalever style? og brown never seen one like it has two nob shifters up on the head set anxsious too see the feed back on it! 8)

now that is what i call keeping busy. speaking as another married man with the same "addiction", you have figured out what to tell your wife, right? you outta fix one of them up for her, that seemed to help me last time i came home with a truck load of bikes. a girls hawthorne cruiser, a 24" girls roadmaster mtn bike, a girls huffy seqoia 26" mountain bike and two matching 20" kent tracclimber bmxs all into the back of a 79' chevy luv WITH a shell on the back. as i pulled into the driveway i felt excited, anxious, happy and dirty all at the same time. love the finds, man. :wink:

hey road master you might be on to something but i acually have used that one before the first bike hunt i went on i broght home a very rusty girls mid wieght jaguar if i can recall right., and her reply was what you gonna do with that hunk of junk ?well to make a long story short when i was done with that bike she loved it painted it red and white with chrome fenders white ballon tires it was nice in fact it is featured in the evolution of bycicles II a bike book that memmory lane once sold { dont know if they sill do } but any way looks like i"ll have to build another girls bike . thanx for the tip!! :)

no problemo, bro. its that good california "lookin out". i just wish that i had kids i could build up for, cuz that would make it easier for any 20" bike to make its way onto my property.

roadmaster said:
no problemo, bro. its that good california "lookin out". i just wish that i had kids i could build up for, cuz that would make it easier for any 20" bike to make its way onto my property.
Yeah, the only problem with bringing home 20 inch bikes and having kids is they wont let you get rid of them like my daughter who cant ride but claimed like three bikes already.
And as far as your Kawasaki (I have one just like it) I believe its a about a 96

hey fellow CALI .DUDES ! yah im with you about the kids thing,, my grandson wont let me get rid of anything ! but i use him alot too ., oh anthony just had to have that bike :mrgreen: and thanx gold street for the info on that kawasaki igot that to flip it but that kid wont let it go .and i picked up a pretty cool red line today he"ll probally latch on to that too . 8)

Latest posts

Back