Just a few more small detail pieces to go and I might have to start looking for a new project.
I had/am contemplating changing the brakes, but then, the Tektro's don't really need fixing. I have experimented with pads and am happy with the Fly Bike units I have fitted now - they work well-enough and don't need excessive toe-in to run silently.
I tried soft BMX pads to try and protect the anodising on the rim for as long as possible, but I couldn't stand the racket they made - even when properly adjusted and clean. 'orrible.
A Bullseye Brake maybe in the future ... or not.
I also looked at putting different grips on it, because the Mushrooms are a pain to remove, but I've got the bars fully sorted now so they will stay - plus they help the look of the upscaled BMX.
I do ride it a lot.