Bike from the Dead's Mockup Mash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took advantage of the cooler weather between yesterday and today to continue the Mockup Mash on two step-thrus!

I didn't make a ton of progress until late last night, as most of the parts I threw on my prewar Monark that day just weren't working. It wasn't until I threw some recently-acquired parts on that I saw the potential to turn this bike into something wild. I threw on this iron cross chainring, some funky chopper bars, and one of my nicer saddles to go along with my lowrider springer fork, and I got to say, I'm digging this! It's weird, but I've wanted to build something weird for a while now, and this bike just might be it!
BftD_prewar_monark_low_1.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_2.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_3.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_4.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_5.jpg

I did play around with some other handlebars just to see if I had something better than those other bars, but nothing really meshed as well with that seat as the ones I had mocked up last night.
BftD_prewar_monark_low_6.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_7.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_8.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_9.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_10.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_11.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_12.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_13.jpg

I still wanted to try one more thing. The ape hangers were a bit too close to my other seat, so I mocked up a banana seat to see how that'd look. I like it! Gives it more of a traditional lowrider bike vibe! That said, I don't have a lot of good banana seats in stock, and I don't want to go out and buy a new one at this time. I definitely think this look is worth coming back to, and it'd be easy enough to swap the seat and handlebars to give it a whole nother attitude.
BftD_prewar_monark_low_14.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_15.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_16.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_17.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_18.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_19.jpg

Latest posts

Back