Bike from the Dead's Mockup Mash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took advantage of the cooler weather between yesterday and today to continue the Mockup Mash on two step-thrus!

I didn't make a ton of progress until late last night, as most of the parts I threw on my prewar Monark that day just weren't working. It wasn't until I threw some recently-acquired parts on that I saw the potential to turn this bike into something wild. I threw on this iron cross chainring, some funky chopper bars, and one of my nicer saddles to go along with my lowrider springer fork, and I got to say, I'm digging this! It's weird, but I've wanted to build something weird for a while now, and this bike just might be it!
BftD_prewar_monark_low_1.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_2.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_3.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_4.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_5.jpg

I did play around with some other handlebars just to see if I had something better than those other bars, but nothing really meshed as well with that seat as the ones I had mocked up last night.
BftD_prewar_monark_low_6.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_7.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_8.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_9.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_10.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_11.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_12.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_13.jpg

I still wanted to try one more thing. The ape hangers were a bit too close to my other seat, so I mocked up a banana seat to see how that'd look. I like it! Gives it more of a traditional lowrider bike vibe! That said, I don't have a lot of good banana seats in stock, and I don't want to go out and buy a new one at this time. I definitely think this look is worth coming back to, and it'd be easy enough to swap the seat and handlebars to give it a whole nother attitude.
BftD_prewar_monark_low_14.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_15.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_16.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_17.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_18.jpg
BftD_prewar_monark_low_19.jpg

Took advantage of the cooler weather between yesterday and today to continue the Mockup Mash on two step-thrus!

I didn't make a ton of progress until late last night, as most of the parts I threw on my prewar Monark that day just weren't working. It wasn't until I threw some recently-acquired parts on that I saw the potential to turn this bike into something wild. I threw on this iron cross chainring, some funky chopper bars, and one of my nicer saddles to go along with my lowrider springer fork, and I got to say, I'm digging this! It's weird, but I've wanted to build something weird for a while now, and this bike just might be it!
View attachment 278048View attachment 278049View attachment 278050View attachment 278051View attachment 278052

I did play around with some other handlebars just to see if I had something better than those other bars, but nothing really meshed as well with that seat as the ones I had mocked up last night.
View attachment 278053View attachment 278054View attachment 278056View attachment 278057View attachment 278058View attachment 278059View attachment 278060View attachment 278061

I still wanted to try one more thing. The ape hangers were a bit too close to my other seat, so I mocked up a banana seat to see how that'd look. I like it! Gives it more of a traditional lowrider bike vibe! That said, I don't have a lot of good banana seats in stock, and I don't want to go out and buy a new one at this time. I definitely think this look is worth coming back to, and it'd be easy enough to swap the seat and handlebars to give it a whole nother attitude.
View attachment 278062View attachment 278063View attachment 278064View attachment 278065View attachment 278066View attachment 278067

I like the lines of this mock up, with those handle bars. Personal favorite. :thumbsup:

1724423491258.png

With a lower and thinner profile saddle it'll rock a Bobber vibe. Think fat white walls. ;)
I might actually have a lower profile seat I can use. I just have to check my inventory. And I'm definitely considering whitewalls! I just wish I could find some in a 26" x 2.5" size...

Still, I do have a pair of Jerald slick whitewalls I've been itching to use, and this bike just might be the perfect to use them on! I'm actually thinking of having the slick in the back and a 1.75" whitewall up front.
BftD_springfield_51924_8.jpg

Latest posts

Back