Bike Warning Labels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I had to snicker at the warning label on my latest C/L score...DO NOT RIDE AT NIGHT,yet it was loaded down with

Front reflector
Rear reflector
Spoke reflectors
Pedal reflectors

The key word is,WAS

That's all hilarious :!: Bummer is I ride to work at 4:40am so 3 reflectors gotta stay, front, rear, and back wheel. They don't give workmans comp if your injured going to work :?

Yeah, i commute to work in the dark (no headlight) just a rear flasher and all stock refllectors on my Trek MTB. I feel like a dork when i take it out on the trails with all the reflectors on, but I'd rather get to work alive... :roll:

once i get my commuter-cruiser done, those reflectors are GONE on the MTB!!!

varies state to state,

illinois - clear front reflector, red rear reflector visible from 100 ft, pedal reflectors, wheel reflectors, bell/horn that can be heard from 100 ft

at night - front - light visible from 500 ft, rear red light visible up to 600 ft

helmets not required (no helmets for motorcycles required either)

really tho ive never seen anyone get in trouble for no reflectors/horn/lights, only seen people get in trouble for riding on sidewalks or "loitering" in parking lots.

i like having lights on my bike tho i do ride without em sometimes if not going far, i dont mind reflectors either but i prefer round reflectors, and i think wheel reflectors are ugly but leave em on anyway.

Interesting to compare!

Our lights have to be 'British Standard 6102/3' so we don't have to worry about distance. Dealers selling new bikes must have a bell on but when a customer has bought the bike they can take it off.

its seldom that you do see a bike with a bell or horn on them anywhere in the states.

id bet 9-1/2 out of 10 cops around here dont know what the bike regulations even are, let alone care to enforce them.

I think my Uncle....Uncle Stretch (retired police officer) mentioned that drunks see reflectors when driving and automatically aim for them. :shock:

Back