~~~BLACKJACK~~~ <<<FINISHED>>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~~~BLACKJACK~~~ A Christmas Build

CRASH said:
Any ideas of something that can bolt in that hole and hang/cover those stay dimples on the fender? I'm really drawing a blank.

I'd say put a bolt through the hole, make an aluminum strap/cover to go across and formed to fit the curve of the fender with a nice reflector on each side to "hide" the dimples. The bolt through the fender would suspend the strap/cover. Spacer (Nylon) would suspend the strap just slightly off the fender.

Just saw your other post. I'm not seeing where my idea would interfere with the chain or wheel?

I think I'm following you. Bolt sticks out towards the seat clamp. Aluminum strap attaches to it somehow. hangs down like a skirt on either end with reflectors attached. Sound about right?

CRASH said:
Any ideas of something that can bolt in that hole and hang/cover those stay dimples on the fender? I'm really drawing a blank.

Does your wife have any metal band bracelet?

Or a leather bracelet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Skull-Lea ... 43a7f753f7
$T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!YlktBQ(GrJ00(w~~60_12.JPG

I was going to suggest something similar. Do you have a shopping mall nearby. You could visit "Hot Topic" to find punk rocker leather bracelets, cuffs maybe even a chunk of a studded leather belt or something?

Yup, a guy I work with who has a teenaged daughter immediately said "Hot Topic" when I asked "Where the ___ do I get a leather skull bracelet?" :lol: I'm going there tonight.

Actually the big reflector looks really good it does not cover much. And actually those side lines wrap around it like it was sorta intended to be that way. Have u tried seeing what that small one looks like? I know its not as kool

Yes, I held it up, but like you said it's pretty small and doesn't really "flow". I think the reflector housing I have flows with the lines you put on. It just covers up the ends, and I really don't want to detract from your work. I'll mull it over tonight again. If I put it on, it will be the last addition.

Went to Hot Topic. Didn't find anything with skulls in braclet form, but I did find black leather with chrome bullets.

dsc0281s.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to attach it without interfering with the fat tires.

That bracelet looks like it was meant to be there. Very cool!

I think the reflector shroud blends in well with the lines of the striping. Are you planning to leave it bare or paint it red, black, or white?

CRASH said:
I was planning on black?

Cool, I think that would look the best.

It's one in the morning and I just accidently deleted the entire update I just made because my brain is swimming through pudding right now. I have to get up at 5am. This week may kill me. :?

Rear hub rebuild complete. I had to bust another one apart as reference since it's been 5 months since I took this one apart. I also striped the centerline of the hub with reflective tape. Looks good.

dsc0282n.jpg

This is the temp guard. Please note the Spade which I cut. I suck at art, so I'm proud of it. It will work until karfer can get me the actual guard, which went to the powdercoater's today.

dsc0283br.jpg

This is the mock-up with the rear fender. I screwed up, thinking it was supposed to attach to the seat stay brace. So before I put the wheel on I cut a hole and mounted it. It sat really high and looked goofy, so I knew I screwed up. I'll get a black plug for it. It's better now, but still seems to sit high over the wheel, or are they supposed to be that high up? Is there an easy way I can lower it a bit? I'm sure that's all a function of the length of the braces, but I can't cut them at this stage. What do you think, GTG as-is, or lower it towards the wheel more?

dsc0284yd.jpg

Peatbog said:
You could make a spacer for between the fender and seat stay brace and still attach it there.
I could do that. I need to get a spacer for the lower attach point because it needs to sit out farther, so I might as well get 2.

Latest posts

Back