~~~BLACKJACK~~~ <<<FINISHED>>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~~~BLACKJACK~~~ A Christmas Build

Looks real sharp. And I swear I didn't do it ha ha.

It's almost 0230. I finished the build. I touched up the pinstripe "opps-es", but I still have to touch up the black scratches... which is going to look like crap, I know. :? Anyone have a good technique? My painting skills are kindergarten level.

Pictures tomorrow when I sneak the bike over to his Grandma's house.

Shame on the scratch. Hope it touches up fine. If not, put a sticker over it.
Glad to see that my bracelet suggestion worked out so cool for you. I really like the way that looks. I bought a girls belt like that at a yard sale with plans to trim the back of a seat with it.

Good luck with the final prep and have a Merry Christmas with your boy!!!!

Bike looks great! :D It's a shame about the scratch :x To fix it, I would use a very, VERY, fine sandpaper over it, then spray some flat black in a cup and use a Q-Tip to dip in the cup and cover the scratch :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Bike looks great! :D It's a shame about the scratch :x To fix it, I would use a very, VERY, fine sandpaper over it, then spray some flat black in a cup and use a Q-Tip to dip in the cup and cover the scratch :wink:

Yeah, what he said. Take your time, it'll turn out great. My Lord, your a Navy man, you can do it! 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Two scratches I just found out. One on the other side opposite where the vice got the other side same time. :roll:

You think 600 grit is fine enough? That's the highest I've got. I'll give it a shot, and if it sucks I'll let him pick a sticker. :D

I promised a picture...

It's hidden behind that pile. Think he'll suspect anything? My garage pretty much looks like this all the time, so it's not unusual to see such a pile. ;)

dsc0276jk.jpg

Looks like my garage but cleaner

The bike didn't make it to Grandma's house because it was raining all day and I couldn't get my son out of the house for any good reason. So, it stayed hiden, and will remain hidden through tomorrow. Consequently, I didn't have any good backgrounds to take pictures, so you'll have to suffer and try to ignore my messy workspace. Of note, found out the cheap chinese light doesn't work. I found a connection unattached inside, so I soldered it back on... still doesn't work. So, I may replace it or mod it with an LED somehow.

dsc0268uo.jpg

dsc0269mj.jpg

The 'Spade' theme is seen around it. Originally it was going to be a "Jack of Spades" theme, but that got whittled down to what you see.
dsc0273yq.jpg

(just above the crank)
dsc0270le.jpg

dsc0274dx.jpg

The reflector looks good. I'm happy with it. The photo of it came out crappy though. Imageshack won't let me upload these up/down, so they are sideways, sorry
dsc0271n.jpg

dsc0272aq.jpg

dsc0275w.jpg

Weird, I could upload this one up/down! ugh You can't read it, but the bell says: I "heart" my Rat
dsc0277t.jpg

And here's my "fix" for the scratch. Looks like crap. I should have just colored it with a sharpie. :roll:
dsc0276y.jpg

The build isn't "done" yet. I need to secure the rear fender better, as it tends to move side to side and rub the tire. Originally I thought the fenders were too high, but I've gotten used to the look, and any closer would give them no clearance. I guess I just imagined a deeper fender look. When I get the completed 26" Monark chain guard, that will complete the look and finalize the build. Obviously I need to replace or modify the light. But for now it's ready for Christmas!

Hey Crash,

Great job!

Can't wait to hear what your kids reactions are to these great gifts you are giving them! I noticed you have a Farmall pedal tractor in the picture of your garage. My dad and I just put one of those together for my nephew. It's a John Deere 720. My nephew LOVES tractors so we are pretty excited to see how he likes it. My Grandfather was a farmer in Northern MN so it seemed like a neat thing to get him.

Regards,

Re: ~~~BLACKJACK~~~ Ready for Christmas ( but not done yet)

Wow :shock: That bike is awsome. Nice work. Have a Merry Christmas :D

I am so jealous of your boy!!!! He is going to be thrilled. I didn't even notice the spade that is hidden in the skull Blackjack before. I also completely forgot that I sold you that Nirve kids chopper seat. I was showing your bike to my wife and as I scrolled down I recognized the seat. The whole build turned out to be one wicked little piece of Christmas. Be sure to post some photos later.

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!

he's gonna FREAK!! that is one cool bike :shock:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

two spot said:
...I noticed you have a Farmall pedal tractor in the picture of your garage...
I got that because I also own a Farmall tractor. A 1944 'H'. I sort of inherited it. I've got all the stuff I need to restore it, but have come to a decision with the wife that it's time to get rid of it. I'm going to put it back together and try to sell it in the spring. I was never set up to own a tractor in the first place. Bikes are more my speed.

kingfish254 said:
...I also completely forgot that I sold you that Nirve kids chopper seat...
I'm glad I got it from you too. I traded with a young man for his 50's original seat. I sent about $30 worth of Navy uniform warfare pins for his $20 seat. He's got my pins, I never got his seat. It's his only transaction, so not enough to ban him, but I did give him a negative feedback... along with a positive one (last time I'm nice and give an early one!)
But I bought yours and it looks better than his would have anyway. ;)

Back