*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be better to find another BB shell to cut the threaded ends off, and weld them to each side of yours, then extend the axle in the middle the same amount as you extended the BB shell, away from the hardened surfaces. Also, if you wanted, quite often a more modern square taper uses the same threads, you could do the upgrade if you felt like it...

I did that to this old lugged Australian BB shell that was originally cotter pin style:

14517539753_9cbc6d67d5_z.jpg

Luke.

It might be better to find another BB shell to cut the threaded ends off, and weld them to each side of yours, then extend the axle in the middle the same amount as you extended the BB shell, away from the hardened surfaces. Also, if you wanted, quite often a more modern square taper uses the same threads, you could do the upgrade if you felt like it...

I did that to this old lugged Australian BB shell that was originally cotter pin style:

14517539753_9cbc6d67d5_z.jpg

Luke.

Gee you don't do things half way... :) i am in the clear with the 15cm english axle(could use a xtra cm),but the original is 13cm(better fit with the arms)Would need a extra 3-4cm
.. Actually I could weld that amount onto only one side...On this axle one side is lightly longer.

Ok I have had a closer look,the English axle is like a .01 thinner than a french,not only that the arms are set to fit only on the side they were built for.:banghead:..I found the other pin,and tapped them in a little to see if the arms move on this English axle...
Seems tight or will be when I convince them in with a slight nudge of my heavy hammer...So need be it I can do a Luke... Add a bit in the center,if i have too...

So I purchased this today from the US...I can't wait.
Can you guess what it is? and what it is for?

$_57.JPG

and this not sure if i will use it yet.
$_57.JPG

So dang hot today,but i had a chance to do another mock up,making sure every thing fits... I widened the rear another cm or so...Cut the tank tabs off and made them shorter and welded back on..I didn't like the tank so squashed onto the engine....
pedals on both sides have clearance.
CAM00533.jpg
CAM00535.jpg

Chains a little to close...Not sure what to do...
CAM00537.jpg

Mock up 1.
CAM00532.jpg
CAM00539.jpg

I felt like some thing was missing.So I thought of a center bar...Problem was the spark plug was in the way...And came up with this idea...
CAM00545.jpg
CAM00546.jpg
CAM00550.jpg

Mock up 2(with the extra bar)
CAM00547.jpg
CAM00549.jpg
CAM00551.jpg

Question is what looks better,with or without the bottom bar?

I say WITH the bottom bar :113:

This is one of my favourite BONINE builds. It would be so cool done in steampunk style :whistle: Not suggesting that's what you should do... just saying o_O

You are one very talented lady :41:

Glen.

With the bottom bar. I love the spark plug modification on the bar. Very cool. A lot of cool stuff going on here.

looks great!! the big tirs on the small rims works great!! and looks cool to! what are the rules about motorized bikes were you are?

Definitely like it better with the bottom bar. That spark plug hole is too cool.
I love the look of the whole bike!!!! Great work once again!

looks great!! the big tirs on the small rims works great!! and looks cool to! what are the rules about motorized bikes were you are?
Rules? You mean thr are rules:eek::D
Well as far as I know thr is only one other guy who has a motorized bike,that he built from a old road bike...He never uses it.And thr is one kid flying around on a electric chopper.Considering nobody follows road rules here,and the police are no where to be seen???
It falls under a bicycle anyway, and the moto will only be used for hills...:thumbsup:

Only using the motor for the hills??? o_O What about that :eek: 10,000 lb side car? :)
Hehe, just teasin' ... so what is the little Indian head?

Carl.

Hey gotta be careful with that spark plug cap if that metal touches the frame it will short the bike out right???

Only using the motor for the hills??? o_O What about that :eek: 10,000 lb side car? :)
Hehe, just teasin' ... so what is the little Indian head?

Carl.

Hey gotta be careful with that spark plug cap if that metal touches the frame it will short the bike out right???
Good point on that...
At first the tank was hitting the top of it, fuel + spark = boom...:eek:
Then I thought of the original,it has one.With rising that top bar,I thought I had lotsa room...
Still not convinced about the top bar,took on a different shape.Maybe when the bike is all one color...

Latest posts

Back