Budzillacycles - Furniture build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude i frickin LOVE THAT BIKKKKKKKKKKKE!

bud,
you are truly an inspiration... please leave the color and welds exposed... the process of this is so important for the viewer to understand what went into it. cant wait to see it done!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I guess I'm going in the right direction with it. How about some updates?

Here's what I came up with for the BB connection. I really wanted it not to look like it was just sticking out there like an after thought. I'll miter the tube some after it's welded up solid -

1newbike004.jpg

1newbike002.jpg

I have been toying with the idea of a 'tank' of some type. Some kind of suggestion of maybe. I haven't decided yet for sure. I did dig out a fiberglass tank from Choppers US I've had for quite a while. If I use the fiberglass tank I plan on filling it with the guts from a radio I have in my garage. I was all set to weld the thing up and I'm out of gas for the welder. I am going to see if I can snag a tank tomorrow.

Here are some pics with and with out the tank. One I tried to do a quick photoshop clean up to take the clamps out of the pic. -

1newbike001.jpg

1newbike003.jpg

1newbike005.jpg

its truely beautiful... i like the tank it has a simalar line as the frame and fills in the some of the blank space ... its really an amazing bike cant wait to see the next step you take

Dude all i can say is Tubular, Totally Rad maaaan. That things got some sick curves! lol I love it bud, Its frickin awsome with the tank and the tires its all great. 1 suggestion. Try a fattio white wall in that back i love them tires. Yeah this bikes fricken sweeeeeeeeeet!!

That bike is awsome Bud. It deffinatly needs the CUS tank and I'd leave it in gold. To me it has a very old feel to it...Kelly

Bud,

This is some great work. With a mind like yours, no item at a garage sale is actually useless. Maybe a Thigh Master can be turned into a springer saddle!

I love the gold finish and agree with some of the other posts that it would be cool to keep it. There is even a supply of similar parts in gold from the lowrider market.

I think that the brown Felt tires seen in the last few days here or on CBN would look cool on it.

Goldmember?

Are you going to bring this beauty to Oakville?

62H

62Higgins said:
I love the gold finish and agree with some of the other posts that it would be cool to keep it. ......Goldmember?

Are you going to bring this beauty to Oakville?

Yes I plan on bringing it to Oakville, for sure! I didn't get to have any time in the garage this weekend - drove me crazy! Too many things to do to help get ready for my brothers wedding. Thank god it's only a four day week this week!

"Goldmember" - LOL You know I don't usually name my bikes, but that's pretty funny. The plating doesn't hold up real well when I weld, so I will have to repaint it, but everyone seems to love the gold. I guess gold it will be.

Awesome bike! That jig really helps out. Did you make it yourself? Do you have a jig build thread?

Back