Budzillacycles - Furniture build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I worked all night to get her road worthy for the Clawson parade. I've been up for 36 hours now. I stripped down the parts and sprayed the frame with a hammered copper. Ha! it looked more like hammered poo poo. So while in Lowe's getting stuff I see this color on clearance. So I got a few cans. It's this limey yellow green. I grabbed the wheels of a junk Murray and the rear was wild when I put it on and the wobble only got worse as the day went on. I only need it to get through the parade anyways.

So here are some pics -

6NewBike001.jpg

6NewBike003.jpg

6NewBike002.jpg

Oh wow....this bike is killer. The paint color just makes the frame even cooler. Love the white wheels, spokes and skull and cross bones caps too, really brings it all together.

Oh yeah...how does it ride?

Very nice work Budz!!! :D

hat a crazy bike! i'd like to see a pic of you riding it!!!

Randy you are right about nobody believing me. I got that response a lot on the parade route.

People along the parade route were asking if it was a Schwinn or if it was a Trek. Back at the bike shop one of the guys said I should combine them and call it Shrek, lol

This turned out WAY too cool... i love the white details, it really set off the green. Speaking of the green, i would say "shrek" is a very fitting name!
Great job on this one!

budzillacycles said:
People along the parade route were asking if it was a Schwinn or if it was a Trek. Back at the bike shop one of the guys said I should combine them and call it Shrek, lol

Looks like a good name especially with the color. It has been fun seeing this come together

Great bike.

GOD DANG IT! I WISH I COULD OF CAME!! I COULD HAVE SEE YALL'S BIKES! I see 2 of Jims, And ur awesome one u just built, Looks sweet man!!!

Chainy, that's quite alright. Us Freakbikers always stick together. If it was anyone else - we would have a throw down!! hahaha

Yyzmec - don't worry, the fur will be leaving VERY soon. I tried and tried to let it grow out for my new job, but I can't take having hair on this melon any more!

The bike turned out fabulous. The lines, color, and components blend together beautifully. I'm not surprised people have a hard time believing that you started with a piece of furniture. Had you not painted the frame people would have no problem seeing your genius and vision. Once again, beautiful build.

Back