BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rules are written so guys like me and others on here dont start way in advance with our builds. if it is still just a frame with some filler i say sure but you will have to wait till the big dogs say yea or nea. i am just a peon :lol:

bikeridetheworld said:
Just wondering i started a bike awhile ago but never finsished it can i still enter it or do i have to start from scratch? here's the bike and i haven't made any progress since http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12573

If you're starting from what you showed in that thread then your fine.

Actually, I'm not sure what you have done besides sand the old pant off the frame and added filler.

hmmm, 3 wheels, ok Lady's, we will double team on that trike,haha. you better put a tail on the trike, as it will be running away with it's tail tucked between them back wheels. lol. so now what? more smack talk. i am ready.lol

Outlaw

I love it...... REalLy love it.... I know I said was was going low key this year and not push things... Well I lied ( ok, really I couldnt handle not trying to do something that was at least a little out there ) My Only issue now is keeping enough under wraps as not to spoil the fun.... But you can rest easy... this years bike is very traditional in the "mod" department... I wont have anyone shootin emails to Steve sayin " ITs NoT FaIR :cry: :cry: :cry: "

RRBO 4 makes me happy :lol:

Ha Ha....thanks Larry for relieving me of the emails.

I will say, this time around I've had more "Can I do this?" questions than ever before. :?

I think I might throw another ladies bike into this thing, I'm building my girlfriend a bike for her bday. Wont be ratty looking but I'll pretty much be building it from whats laying around. Its a 40's cwc. If not that I'm still trying to decide on what to build for myself, I have so many ideas I cant get them all onto one bike and have it look good haha

ratina, bring the Lady on. will have a party spankin the little boy bikes.lol

Outlaw

SWEEEEET, Hey folks this is Schwidiot, formerly known as MercuryMan, you can call me either, I finally have a purpose for my old CW frame that's been haunting me for 2 years. No honestly every time I'm in the garage working on one of my other projects, the darn thing makes noises. Shoot the other night I was finishing up a 74 Western Flyer galaxy Flyer for my wifes freinds daughter to pedal around college and I could've sworn the frame whispered you don't love me anymore,I swear it to god it did. So I just went and told it to get ready for the RRBO4, and again I swear it moved in the stand. Any way enough of my delusional ramblings. I'll post on the thread the stuff I have so far.

Schwidiot OUT!!.....of my mind

HA Haaa!!!you guys are really in trouble now! I now have the ultimate rat rod building tool! it's ratty and everything :roll: :lol:
shopmate.jpg

ratina, right on. are we still talking about bikes? haha, who knows anymore.lol

Outlaw

sensor said:
but do you know how to use it? :p :p :p
well, I've used a lathe, and I've used a mill, and I've used a drill press, so we'll see if I can figure this thing out. the biggest problem is that all the charts and plaques that give the speeds and feed rates are faded and not readable. if I can figure out the brand and model, I may be able to find something on line. worst case scenario all the stuff made on this baby will truly look ratty. :shock:

Back