BUILD OFF #5 IS COMING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icyuod2 said:
if ya wanna stay true to the cause, i think an age limit should be set in place for the age of the frame.
no billet alum, nothing newer than the 60's in my eyes is the only way to stay true to the rat rod cause.

the entries seem to be getting newer and newer all the time. at this pace, before long it will be the hot rod build off. :D

This rule would limit participation from members outside the US. Some of us don't live where vintage cantilever frames grow on trees ripe for the picking for a few pennies (I'm exaggerating of course but sometimes it seems like that). I might get lucky here in Canada but I just think about our Brothers and Sisters in Europe and elsewhere who can only dream of such bikes.

:)

karfer67 said:
a "factory" production frame is all that is required. NOW then to say what is production could be a grey area. in my eyes that means a frame that is available in stock form to the masses. however as in the old days of nascar manufactures got around this rule by making the minimum number of said vehicle to make them legal to race. sooooo can anyone see where the grey area in this lies? oh and think about it a basman is production :wink:

I don't see a Gray area, I don't think there is a person on this site that doesn't know what a "factory built" frame is, Even if there are 4 frames made for production from somebody it is still a factory made frame, Common sense is all it takes

xddorox said:
icyuod2 said:
I might get lucky here in Canada but I just think about our Brothers and Sisters in Europe and elsewhere who can only dream of such bikes.

:)

if its old cool bicycles your after, europe is the place to go.

we can olny dream of such bicycles! :D

KZ1000 said:
karfer67 said:
a "factory" production frame is all that is required. NOW then to say what is production could be a grey area. in my eyes that means a frame that is available in stock form to the masses. however as in the old days of nascar manufactures got around this rule by making the minimum number of said vehicle to make them legal to race. sooooo can anyone see where the grey area in this lies? oh and think about it a basman is production :wink:

I don't see a Gray area, I don't think there is a person on this site that doesn't know what a "factory built" frame is, Even if there are 4 frames made for production from somebody it is still a factory made frame, Common sense is all it takes

sure would love to buy firebikes, buzzbomb, slap an rrb sticker on the side and call it a done deal
:D :lol: :D

i wonder how many basman frames are gonna be in this one(or maybe an uncle stretch frame since hes a factory :wink: )...
build em, challenge yourself, have fun in the process, and enjoy them afterwards...thats what these build offs are all about

btw...the winner of last years build off should be making the trophy for this years winner for added incentive

ej599 said:
Ya' don't need a cantileaver frame to build a contender. I finished 4th with a diamond frame I got out of a dumpster last year. So be the underdog with whatever frame you have! I'd like to see someone win it all with a D-frame this year.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=sir+loin
That is one awesome ride you pulled off.

xddorox said:
ej599 said:
Ya' don't need a cantileaver frame to build a contender. I finished 4th with a diamond frame I got out of a dumpster last year. So be the underdog with whatever frame you have! I'd like to see someone win it all with a D-frame this year.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18222&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=sir+loin
That is one awesome ride you pulled off.

Thank you Xddorox, I seem to remember some mighty nice D-frame bikes you've built in the past. Cruisers are cool but D-frames go farther-faster.

Hate to be to one who doesn't know, but what is a D-Frame?

sorry i will keep my slow cruiser frames oh the price we pay to look cool. sorry ej chicks dig cruisers more anyways :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
sorry i will keep my slow cruiser frames oh the price we pay to look cool. sorry ej chicks dig cruisers more anyways :mrgreen:
I don't know.........DIAMONDS are a girls best friend! :lol:

I want that wrench.

Back