BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
i am done but not without a few new grey hairs

Grey hairs I've had for year, it's only been during this build off that I've accepted that I have a receeding hairline. Dang Murray. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
karfer67 said:
i am done but not without a few new grey hairs

Grey hairs I've had for year, it's only been during this build off that I've accepted that I have a receeding hairline. Dang Murray. :mrgreen:

My bald Uncle always joked.
WHen you lose some hair up front it means your a thinker.
When you lose some hair in the back it means your a lover.
When the two meet it means you think your a lover.

I am almost at that point after this build. Next time I will start sooner than 29 days before the deadline.

kingfish254 said:

Haha, never heard that, it's great.

OK, for those of you who have finished, did you find it hard to believe that you were done? For me I just sat there by the bike trying to figure out what still had to be done or what I'd forgotten, then I walked inside kind of scratching my head like "did that really just happen?"

Rockit! said:
HA! I just ran out of time....I coulda kept building and building and building....

I couldn't have without starting to break rules, plus as I add paint or clear, I only go back to those parts if there was a mistake. I don't like repainting. Notice how so much of my later stuff was raw steel. haha

yoothgeye said:
....... for those of you who have finished, did you find it hard to believe that you were done? For me I just sat there by the bike trying to figure out what still had to be done or what I'd forgotten, then I walked inside kind of scratching my head like "did that really just happen?"[/b]

yeah! i really expected to find some funky issue that i didn't notice on the partial mockup, but nothing happened. it all just sorta went together..... :shock: :D

KOTA said:
Here's another problem. First you try and get your bike "just right". Now you want to have the BEST finished thread you can have....That's just as bad as building the bike! I've EDITED and added or changed pics about four times in the last two days. This bike building thing is just one headache after another! :roll: :lol:....I gotta take up Knitting.....

:lol:

i must have taken 75 pics and never did get one that would enable you guys to "see" what i see when i look at the bike.

if that makes any sense..... :? :mrgreen:

Bendix said:
i must have taken 75 pics and never did get one that would enable you guys to "see" what i see when i look at the bike.

I know the feeling, I need to photoshop a bunch of hearts floating around my bike and a double rainbow in the background. :lol:

kingfish254 said:

I might use that in my sig if that's cool with you. Slightly follicly challenged myself.

yoothgeye said:
OK, for those of you who have finished, did you find it hard to believe that you were done? For me I just sat there by the bike trying to figure out what still had to be done or what I'd forgotten, then I walked inside kind of scratching my head like "did that really just happen?"

I dealt with my separation anxiety by drinking a beer. :) But I hear you. Despite not having had enough time to spend on my build, I still wish I'd been able to spend a little more.

yoothgeye said:
Bendix said:

I know the feeling, I need to photoshop a bunch of hearts floating around my bike and a double rainbow in the background. :lol:
You forgot the ANGEL wings... :lol: :lol:

Wooh...I finished! :D
023.jpg

For those of you who watch Spongebob, you'll know this from the episode "Band Geeks" :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmbfxPqeMac

Nice ride SchwinnRay.
I just finished as well, but rain is passing through so I can't start taking photos!
This sucks! :cry:

Some of our build off bike were seen at the 1st Annual Coasters Kustom Bicycle Show and Swap meet in Powder Springs Georgia Last Saturday!!!

Mine- The Speed Demon
Smoopy's- Scooby Snack
Dr.Tankenstein's- MuscleBeachChopper(ette)
Gaskill's- Jolene
motopsyco's-Brown Sugar

Scooby Snack won the Best Muscle Bike trophy
And
Jolene took home the Kick Butt Bike Award!

DSCF3045.jpg

Beautiful Jolene:
DSCF3048.jpg

Swoopy Scooby Snack:
DSCF3051.jpg

Five RRBO #6 bikes in one place! Sweet!
DSCF3052.jpg

Hey,

This is the first RRBBuild off final that I watched closely but...
I think the amount of cool bikes in cool pics posted in such a short time is phenomenal!
It's like opening your favorite mag and saying "This is the best issue ever!"
Congratulations to everybody!
Thanks

Back