BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
Every bike I see now with apes I mumble under my breath... "You call those apes?" :mrgreen: Having fun riding my bike before the end of the build-off, unlike last year. Of course you could say that I'm not riding the bike that I started out to build... :oops:

I think this was your best riding photo

elf1.jpg

3- Here are five more of the almost finished BO7 bikes for motivation to GTB!!!!

e5193975.jpg

480047_10151126159485278_118735470277_13172893_754450200_n.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

dsc03609qa.jpg

mb004.jpg

FunkyStickman said:
Man, some stiff competition this year!!! :mrgreen:

No doubt!!!!

4 - Here are five more of the finsihed or in progress BO7 bikes for motivation to GTB!!!!

Can't wait to see what else goes on with all of the builds.

IMG_2556.jpg

black18.jpg

photo-56.jpg

Coppertonecollegate017.jpg

150_0526.jpg

This one actually finished and was sold already

3710403c.jpg

Peatbog said:
Probably too tough for anyone to win :mrgreen:

Really though, what happens if there is a tie for 1st or 2nd or 3rd? Is there a tie-breaker of some kind or do the winners share the spot?

Don't think so.
I gusess if that happens, there may end up being a second vote to clear up the tie.

kingfish254 said:
Peatbog said:
Probably too tough for anyone to win :mrgreen:

Really though, what happens if there is a tie for 1st or 2nd or 3rd? Is there a tie-breaker of some kind or do the winners share the spot?

Don't think so.
I gusess if that happens, there may end up being a second vote to clear up the tie.

In the 2nd build off 2 bikes tied for 3rd, so I would think ties would be ties with no re-vote...

Rg

I think ties should be decided in a Jets/Sharks style knife fight!!
Just look out for Officer Crumkey.

When I went back and compiled the winners from all the past build-offs there was more than 1 tie, nothing done about it, they share the position, just like the many many people with just 1 vote share a position.

Green P1 said:
Its crazy how many of the Finished/Almost Finished bikes from this years build off I'm not recognizing... I thought(incorrectly it seems) that I had done a pretty good job keeping up with most of the builds!

Yeah, it is easy to do. I am watching the finished builds and making sure to look at each new one that is added. I am making a short list of bikes that I really like and then I'll narrow it down from there.

Every day I come on this forum I am just so inspired and impressed by not only the workmanship, originality, and ingenuity of the builds...but also the comradery(sp) and (for the most part) courtesy that everyone (including newbies like me) affords each other.

Thanks for having such a great forum to visit, RatRod!

~Ron

RonK said:
Every day I come on this forum I am just so inspired and impressed by not only the workmanship, originality, and ingenuity of the builds...but also the comradery(sp) and (for the most part) courtesy that everyone (including newbies like me) affords each other.

~Ron

I couldn't agree more. This is positively, absolutely the BEST web forum I know of! Not to mention there's a ton of ingenuity and creativity going on, and more cool bikes than you can shake a stick at!

I love this place. Thank you, Steve. One of these days I'm going to make the drive out to TX and visit.

FunkyStickman said:
RonK said:

~Ron

I couldn't agree more. This is positively, absolutely the BEST web forum I know of! Not to mention there's a ton of ingenuity and creativity going on, and more cool bikes than you can shake a stick at!

I love this place. Thank you, Steve. One of these days I'm going to make the drive out to TX and visit.

Cool, BBQ at Steve's house!

FunkyStickman said:
Cool, BBQ at Steve's house!

I'll bring the jambalaya!

I'll bring the Bald Peanuts*

*Boiled Peanuts for the yankees out there.

Back