CAN A CHAIN BE LENGTHENED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ WALMART if you dont have an LBS, sometimes called chain breakers too, should be $5 max (fancy ones cost more but the cheap ones do fine)

I got tired of the cheap "pot metal" ones breaking and bought a Park Tool one. Great investment. Break 2 cheapies and you are better off buying a good one.

cman said:
I got tired of the cheap "pot metal" ones breaking and bought a Park Tool one. Great investment. Break 2 cheapies and you are better off buying a good one.

I totally agree with that comment .

cman said:

Listen to cman on this one it pays to have good tools. Troy

voodoowagon said:
Great, thanks everyone, where can I get the Park tool?

spend your Money at a Local Bike Shop.
They work their Buts off for Dirt Cheap!

Their Love for the Industry is what keeps them going.
and to save $10.00 buying it On-Line is no where near
worth The relationship you Build with a regular Local Bike Shop Owner...
It always seems to Come back around!

Your local Bike Shop....
they are about 20-30 Bucks for a Good one...
and TRUST ME..they are well worth the Money!

Kev.

I paid £1.98 for my cheapy and have had it for months, it is a bit bent and some bits have snapped off but it still works.... sortof

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well went last night and picked up the Park Tool and it works great, rather spend 15 dollars than buy the cheap one and find out the hard way.

Thanks everyone

I never used a chain thing i got a grinder in the garage, And i grind one of the rivets out, Then when the little circle is showing, I take a nail and punch it through, I then take extra chain links i got, and i use a masterlink 2 attach it.

Back