Can you guess what I ordered for Christmas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have had this up a few days ago but have been on break, so I've been lazy.

handlebars-mailed.jpg

I always joke about wrapping one of the kids' presents like this and then it's how I get my own present. I guess it would be pointless to put them in a box. It is after all a steel bar.

handlebars-comparison.jpg

Probably much cheaper to ship that way, but riskier. I can imagine that getting hooked on a conveyer belt somewhere intransit .

Those new ones will look much better. Get them on.

They are Pyramid 12" rise bars. Ordered on Amazon and came from Bikeworld USA I think.

I do already have them mounted. Actually waited several days for my grips to set properly before I went for a ride. Now I have to try getting a good pic between end of work and sundown. Might be a day or two on the "after" pic.

So I ran out at lunch and grabbed a few pics. There are huge shadows across them but they are against the same wall as previous pics for good comparison.

sideview-whitewalls-screen.jpg

newhandlebars-sideviewscreen.jpg

newhandlebars-screen.jpg

I am just so surprised how a cheap set of bars can compliment the bike so much. Besides looking proportional to the forks and frame stretch, they come back to me just a few inches. They are swept more and just sit in the hands better. I don't feel like I'm leaning forward as hard to hold onto the bars. Good thing too with the holiday belly being at it's peak. I was starting to get a little uncomfortable. :mrgreen:

Back