Check out these $150 shipped Fatbike frames!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to update the thread with how much grinding I did to the rear dropout so that I could use the lowest sprocket on my 10 speed rear hub. I took about 2.5mm of material off which is all it took to keep the chain from rubbing the dropout.
02ccfd2a55e285a3df0e0aaabc5c1de0.jpg

Many hubs have lock washers between the cone and lock nut. Take the lock washer out of the left side, put it in the right side, redish the wheel and you have more space for the chain in the tiny cog. By moving the washer, you aren't making the axle spacing (o.l.d.) wider so it still fits normally in the frame

Some hubs don't have lock washers but you can add a washer on the right side, use a thinner lock nut on the left, redish.

All in, how much did you end up sinking into this? It looks good!

I'm into it for about 550 right now....figured I'd learn how to tune/build a bike with this frame then when I come across a better frame move all my stuff over to it and sell this one as scrap here or something.

I bit the bullet and ordered a complete bike in pink for my wife. After much research, I think I can fit the Panaracer Fat B Nimble in the frame mounted on the stock rims. I have seen them mounted on Surly Marge Lites (65mm rim) and measuring out 84mm which is just a hair over 3 1/4". The bike will be here on Wednesday and the tires on Friday, so I will know by next weekend how it works out. I found the Fat B Nimble tires on Ebay for $84 shipped for a pair--I was impressed considering $60/piece is about the cheapest I could find them anywhere else.

I bit the bullet and ordered a complete bike in pink for my wife. After much research, I think I can fit the Panaracer Fat B Nimble in the frame mounted on the stock rims. I have seen them mounted on Surly Marge Lites (65mm rim) and measuring out 84mm which is just a hair over 3 1/4". The bike will be here on Wednesday and the tires on Friday, so I will know by next weekend how it works out. I found the Fat B Nimble tires on Ebay for $84 shipped for a pair--I was impressed considering $60/piece is about the cheapest I could find them anywhere else.
Let us know what you think of the Fat B Nimble's, been looking at maybe getting a pair myself...

Luke.

duC7uzRSpmnG2FH2B3ZOYMDKhAT3rfYA3Xy4CsToLksLAYspN

txaKner5zPy1PAEkotWBhg41rTIaVNa9o5asGhrh6QALAYspN

MJSrrnr1fmIGa0GvlI85P3E6bk-Ko3v0JgPhe0KsIr4LAYspN

I got the bike today, and the Fat B Nimbles also arrived a couple days early. I assembled the bike and got everything adjusted in a couple of hours. The Alivio components are solid entry level gear and provide fast crisp shifts. I have an 1/8" clearance on the lower chainstays with the Fat B Nimble installed. The best part of all, the "rub" that made the bikes defective and selling for $299 is non-existent on this bike. I can use the smallest cog with 1/8" clearance from the dropout. This bike is perfect, and an absolute unbeatable deal. It weighs a hair over 35 lbs with the new tires. With some component upgrades, this could easily be a 30 lbs Fatbike. I am impressed and 100% satisfied with my purchase.

duC7uzRSpmnG2FH2B3ZOYMDKhAT3rfYA3Xy4CsToLksLAYspN

txaKner5zPy1PAEkotWBhg41rTIaVNa9o5asGhrh6QALAYspN

MJSrrnr1fmIGa0GvlI85P3E6bk-Ko3v0JgPhe0KsIr4LAYspN

I got the bike today, and the Fat B Nimbles also arrived a couple days early. I assembled the bike and got everything adjusted in a couple of hours. The Alivio components are solid entry level gear and provide fast crisp shifts. I have an 1/8" clearance on the lower chainstays with the Fat B Nimble installed. The best part of all, the "rub" that made the bikes defective and selling for $299 is non-existent on this bike. I can use the smallest cog with 1/8" clearance from the dropout. This bike is perfect, and an absolute unbeatable deal. It weighs a hair over 35 lbs with the new tires. With some component upgrades, this could easily be a 30 lbs Fatbike. I am impressed and 100% satisfied with my purchase.
Awesome news!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back