Checkered Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, first post here. I have been checking this site out and wanting to build a retro/1950's themed cruiser on the cheap. I found a Huffy Good Vibrations bike from CL to start with. It appears to be a 1980 year. I am going to try and reuse as many of the parts as I can.

Here is the frame after removing the parts.

SDC12105.jpg

The frame has stripped of parts then cleaned, rattle canned using a primer first then a gloss black paint. Everything chrome needed a good cleaning. The crankset and wheels came out nicely.

I used the checkered tape to offset all the black. I am going to use primarily black, white and chrome parts for this build. The saddle, bars, grips, tires, fenders are on order.

My photo skills aren't the best, but here's where I am at so far.

SDC12120.jpg

SDC12131.jpg

SDC12136.jpg

SDC12124.jpg

SDC12129.jpg

Got a few new parts on and trued the back wheel and repacked the bearings. The front wheel still needs to be done. Should be able to take it for a ride then.

SDC12143.jpg

Just about finished. I will probably add fenders. I am debating chrome or black. Took it for a test ride.. very smooth.

SDC12158.jpg

SDC12170.jpg

SDC12165.jpg

SDC12168.jpg

SDC12163.jpg

SDC12161.jpg

Latest posts

Back