Chopper X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like how it looks, almost exact same length. Crazy I went from fork from 26” to a 16” fork of almost same length! This fork gives front more raked look. If you notice the bars are back to chrome, gotta find nice stem, for what I want that’ll probably mean new 22mm bars.. ( I may use stem off 16” bike and paint top plate black) Last thing I did today was hurriedly strip the blue decal headbage with razor blade and did the same to flame decals on fork. They matched seat but look too box store. The seat might be alittle box store too, so possibility that could change. But seat is staying black or possibly brown with that said the green flake paint I ordered
494B129C-CF37-418E-B964-D2277D2246FD.jpeg
63EC3852-F183-404B-8B0A-83A7E80F90C2.jpeg
may sit on the shelf. I’m liking the black/ chrome look.

One last thing, I had to move tank back on top tube so the triple tree wouldn’t hit when turning.I still want headlight, but may change for a rectangular one.

The triple tree fork really does well with what you are doing here, really works with the tank. I miss that light though
Just haven’t had time to install. There’s no mounting holes on triple tree, so probably have to fab bracket. I mentioned in thread may want to try rectangle one. A friend has NOS one, but he’s 1 1/2 hrs away. I may be going for a drive to visit soon.

Next I need to strip the back of chainguard, this guard had paint that was so thick, it resembled house paint, it was one of ugliest bikes I’ve boughten. I stripped whole bike to bare metal’ have since found a straight guard for it and robbed this.
03F833B9-8D8F-4C6F-91BD-40C8687E6E58.jpeg
03F833B9-8D8F-4C6F-91BD-40C8687E6E58.jpeg

When I put guard on bike originally, my buddy and Ibs mechanic Luke said mask off ducts/vents/ exhaust ? when you paint it. I replied your thinking my thoughts bro. So plan, to start with is mask ducts and paint satin black leaving them bare metal then coating with Matt /
EC3450B8-C416-4BE7-BD12-B21C9FFC3451.jpeg
Flat clear so bare metal doesn’t rust. We shall see if everything stays black, long way to go but in itching to enter 2nd build but holding off for now.

Went out in garage, reconfigured my handle grip combo, black mtn bike end rings with same vans gum grips now on chrome bars. Sorry guys this thread just exposes how much my builds keep changing till complete. Throw parts at bike, look, take pic ponder, back and forth. I like look, matches tires gum w/ black walls. Sorry for cramp pics it’s early here and grandson sleeping just inside and working around wife’s car.

You may have noticed black sissy pad and pipes back on bike. With triple tree / tank combo even more motorcycle look, maybe I was a little premature removing. Like to hear input? Are they too cartoonish? It’s light now so I’ll get better pics. Same on seat pad, now I have a black seat looks a lot better but not really convinced, suggestions? I’ll add pic with guard for better visual
5D7CD569-7C0B-40A6-B567-F24976AAE63C.jpeg
BD7AAA59-36EF-4C13-B3A5-AEEFB7784E5B.jpeg
938FF973-E367-4F91-A44C-C862935E0C2D.jpeg

I haven't gotten a single word out of any of my bikes yet:doh:

@Gravelgrinder59, looks fantastic, all of it:cool2:
I haven't gotten a single word out of any of my bikes yet:doh:

@Gravelgrinder59, looks fantastic, all of it:cool2:
Thanks Hamppea , when I stood back and looked at it at one point I thought” is Hamppea subconsciously influencing my build” seriously, if I haven’t responded to yours sorry, I think it’s great. Kudos to you! You inspired to to mock up a chopper with fork similiar to yours as we discussed.

Thanks Swissguy, I was thinking that also but not gonna remove right away. If I do seat protruding beyond sissy bar is gonna become more apparent and then I think I’ll want another seat. It ( pad) also looks alittle too fancy with tuffed buttons, rest of bike more “ racy”. Need one like had on my bike as kid, slid over bar and more streamlined, this is just what I had. you inspired to to go back looking on the bay because I do want pad on build. I can always dye one of different color. Thanks for input

Back