(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mockup # 1 zillion...
I found the little piece with the 333 etched on it I had, like the clamp you posted Chad. But I'm thinking of running the cable right up the wide frame rail so that piece won't work... Although anchoring a little stop in the middle of the frame rail won't be so bad, (maybe like the second bracket you posted) I'm waiting for the shifter to get here before I do it... Thanks guys, you made me go look at what I had again...

Carl.

Last edited:
I found the little piece with the 333 etched on it I had, like the clamp you posted Chad. But I'm thinking of running the cable right up the wide frame rail so that piece won't work... Although anchoring a little stop in the middle of the frame rail won't be so bad, (maybe like the second bracket you posted) I'm waiting for the shifter to get here before I do it... Thanks guys, you made me go look at what I had again...

Carl.

Along that wide rail would be nice depending on how/where the shifter mounts. Bike is looking good.

Along that wide rail would be nice depending on how/where the shifter mounts. Bike is looking good.
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin'....
COME ON USPS! My shifter is on the way!
Now I get to hurry up and wait.

Carl.

Got my shifters from yeshoney...
SA32_zpsanyuwmwz.jpg

Sturmey Archer 2+3... got me thinking about my drive train...
So can I make my front sprocket a derailleur? I'm gonna need a tensioner.
Will this SA work with my Shimano 333 three speed? Haha, so much stuff needs to get modded, even the shifter bracket... which is riveted on... But I do like this piece! I've never seen a shifter like this before, or the combination 2 speed on one side and 3 speed on the other... What bike had that? If I can get it all to work, mine will! lol. More pics soon, I'm working on squeezing an old Shimano Thunder Bird front derailleur between a big o' sprocket pair and the square frame... still need to source a tensioner (eBay) and fab a shifter mount...

Carl.

Carl, that shifter is unreal! The 2 x int 3 idea is intriguing. Be cool if you can pull it off. When I first saw your pic of the bike sitting by the brick wall it made me think of this....the frame shape and the angle.....

Nice guitar ^ now swirl dip it...

So many choices...my wraps came in. Which color?

or

and on to the derailleur... not quite enough room.

in here is where it's hitting...3 inch square bracket around the seat post, will need holes in the top to reach adjustment screws too... the cut out will let me raise it up to about 7/8" ... I need about a half inch (best guess)

See the top of the derailleur? There is room under the frame to go up some...

Then I Still gotta figure out how to get that single top post bracket on the shifter to fit this twin top tube... or an alternate mounting spot...

Hey if it was easy everybody would be doing it....

Carl.

Too bad you don't have a 3x2 read hub,
Those are sweet.
Read hub? Road hub? Either way I've never heard of one.... (I have a sheltered life)
I like the blue and green also.
That purple, yellow and blue, looks like it belongs on InViolet...
Building... riding...
Might be a possibility... I have two sets of each.
Carl.

I like the purple/yellow/blue, but maybe I'm just trying to sabotage the voting.
Ha! My bikes don't need any help in that dept.
I originally thought blue green black, but they were such a deal, and I already have 2 sets of yellow red black, so now I'm stocked for striped wrap!

Carl.

Nice guitar ^ now swirl dip it...

So many choices...my wraps came in. Which color?

or

and on to the derailleur... not quite enough room.

in here is where it's hitting...3 inch square bracket around the seat post, will need holes in the top to reach adjustment screws too... the cut out will let me raise it up to about 7/8" ... I need about a half inch (best guess)

See the top of the derailleur? There is room under the frame to go up some...

Then I Still gotta figure out how to get that single top post bracket on the shifter to fit this twin top tube... or an alternate mounting spot...

Hey if it was easy everybody would be doing it....

Carl.
There are BB mounted front ders out there. Used on some women's bikes and other oddballs that don't have a good down tube placement for der mounting.

I like the blue, green, black also but both would work well. If you're still going to swirl paint it, black base with the green and blue swirl would look sharp.

Back