Clover Lane

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
LOve the green tires dude! Sweet ride.

Ride On! Yeah, that's our own chimighanga with the new stuff to roll on. :mrgreen:
New Badge just about ready from Terry

Very nice....I love how the green tires kinda makes the green on the frame pop! Hard to believe that only a month or so ago that frame was living in overgrown weeds about 6 feet tall. I can see it smiling at the new life you've given it. Great stuff :mrgreen:

Could not have done this one without that "perfect frame" Jeff....Thanks worlds :D

I'm curious.. Any feedback yet regarding that rear sprocket you converted? I want to do something similar for my build to match the skiptooth crankset i just bought.

Skippy 10 sprocket works pretty well ... It makes a click but not very often but remember this was really a donor chain made of three different chains, very twisted, no master and was running on another bike, my Higgins. Works very well all things considered on clover.
And a reminder..SimpleMans chain was super nice so I gave him credit even thou it wasn't really his chain in the build. Just to clarify.
I would do the conversion again if needed but will be looking into aftermarket cogs as well.

Look here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37491

Thanks for the input :) Unfortunately that particular aftermarket skiptooth sprocket wouldn't work for my build. I plan on using a Grubee HD rear hub which means that the gears have to thread on. I think I will just buy the 22T freewheel for it and grind it into a skiptooth sprocket. Maybe sometime down the road I can have the local machine shop make me something custom to fit my needs. I do have another question for you though.. Does anyone make aftermarket skiptooth chains, or do you just have to try and find a vintage chain in good shape?

I'm buying used chains when they come around from time to time. New old stock is expensive. Don't know of an "aftermarket" skip chain.

A bit o' Irish green of the clover.
A dash o' style for big Ed Roth.
And a whole lot o' craft by our good Terry Jones

cloverlansjpg.jpg

This bike is just awsome, not to mention you have a story behind it all. The tube badge is SWEET! not to mention the seat stitching, that looks like it can be time consuming. Worth it from the looks of it though

YOUBUGME2 said:
This bike is just awsome, not to mention you have a story behind it all. The tube badge is SWEET! not to mention the seat stitching, that looks like it can be time consuming. Worth it from the looks of it though

Such kind compliments from all who are following clover really hit more than you can know.
Certainly if I have a story behind the cycle it's because Ramsey & cycling scripted it. They directed the plot. It's all them man!
My dad was the kind of guy who failed upwards, you know? The kind of guy that when he stumbled, he wouldn't fall. No.
This guy would regain his stride two steps ahead of everyone else. People around him could sense his momentum in life. Awsome.

The clover build itself has rolled along with like momentum! it's unreal. You think good script is easy to read? Sure it is.
Not the all star builder you have in Charles. I like to mess stuff up a lot on the way to finishing it. Sorry, just happens.
That kind of stuff is just not happening on clover lane. Stick to the plot: A good bike. A parts bike. A rat bike. Allgood dad.

Finish is in sight:
Yes. The few last details will be put to the machine and it will be sweet. All in all and at the end of the day I have a solid bicycle.
I'll even be able to go over and by the old family home on clover lane riding my cycle proud.
But you all know better. This is the way we stay close. This is the kind of thing that we do to stay tight with, you know? Sure you do.
The amount of time I put in on clover was so small compared to the lifetime of work Ramsey put in on me.
Hit square in the jaw I was one day and stand now knowing I have the luck of the Irish.
Back in the day when either of us would make something made of metal & that was previously broken work we would each marvel.
We would each say "keen" or "whatta u gonna do with that?"
Here is the best part.
And when we couldn't make it work he would always say :
"That's the way it goes. But every now and then & once in a while, it goes the other way too."

File0004-1.jpg

More detail:

Got my badge from Terry.
Went old school with some pins that I have been saving. There the hammer in style

I was a little nervous but working slowly the badge went on well and without a hitch.
Just lucky I guess

clovclose.jpg

Clovbadge.jpg

Added a drop stem and some coke bottle grips to finish off the front a bit.

dropstem.jpg

clov1.jpg

i just love this bike im doin a project with new alloy wheels and i want to do a skip tooth also i have all the stuff to do it but i also need to cut sum teeth on rear cog do u recomend that it works out good i have grinders and a dremel to make smooth thank u for ant imput

Back