Cobrafreak's board track racer project, has ended

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cobrafreak's board track racer project

I love your chain stays. I really hope this thing turns out for you. It's looking great so far!

I'd forget that fire wagon paint job. Paint it thin and flat, feathering down to nothing at the joints and where sheet metal intersects. Buff shine it, give it a salted vinegar bath and leave it out in the rain. Lather, rinse, repeat. :mrgreen:

DONE!!! :mrgreen: After two days of marathon garage sessions and help from my boy, The Indian Board Track Racer is complete! I was so jazzed that I rode it in the rain today just to try it out. I need better weather. Check out the brass shift gate.

shiftgate.jpg

PD2top.jpg

chain.jpg

Re: Cobrafreak's board track racer project now COMPLETED!!!

skillsthebarber said:
that turned out great, are you going to bring it out on thursday?
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33182

Thank you. I think I am going to show, barring weather. Rain would suck. My Son will ride the USAAF bike and my Wife will ride her City bike. Should be fun to get out on Turkey Day.

AWSOME!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Bro your builds awesome! Ive been really wanting to do a board track racer myself, I've had the hankering to put this bad boy into it! :D :D

rod083.jpg

LarzBahrs said:
Bro your builds awesome! Ive been really wanting to do a board track racer myself, I've had the hankering to put this bad boy into it! :D :D

rod083.jpg

That is quite a power plant. Tractor? If that thing has a reverse gear it would be great with a side hack build.

Yep it has reverse neutral and whole nine yards, it came off of an old cushman airport plane tote, puts out about 8hp according to a site i went to. I was thinking of a shaft driven bike but that would defeat the purpose of the pedal drive kinda

It just depends on the gear ratio. I have seen shaft drive pedal bikes before. If it's not too steep you can do it. Or have a shaft into a differential and then back to a chain final drive.

Thats a good idea, i just got to find a way to execute it, its gonna be one monster to keep up pedaling, the engines iron haha, how much did your end up weighing?

Back