Come on summer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got another 5 inches on top of the 9 we already had. Not as cold as you northern guys, but too cold for this old man to take the jeep out! (I really wanted to though!) The tag on the front kind of made me laugh!

We are under a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours here in N.E. Alabama.

It's raining right now, but will be changing over to sleet and snow soon.
The biggest concern is ice. These kinds of storms tend to have their way with the power grid.

We are under a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours here in N.E. Alabama.

It's raining right now, but will be changing over to sleet and snow soon.
The biggest concern is ice. These kinds of storms tend to have their way with the power grid.
That cold with no power? I hope you don't rely on electric heating!

Luke.

Until warmer temps arrive, I'm making the best of what we got and doing a lot of climbing/snowshoeing. Last weekend on Mt Greylock:

12457293785_a0a6b3e202_b.jpg

you can't tell from this picture, but the snow here on this pond is about 1-1/2 feet deep. So fun.

Last edited:
I was hoping for warmer weather today, left the house it was 2, got to work it was -10, currently building a lakeside house and we installed the wrap around porch posts and beams today so it was a bit brisk! 6"-12" expected at the end of this week...

The sleet has started for round two here in the south although the worst will come tomorrow. Where I am in NE Alabama, the Governor has already declared a state of emergency and over in Georgia it's the same plus the President has declared a Federal emergency ahead of this storm. I'm hoping that the forecasters are over shooting this one, but we are preparing to be without power for several days. This won't be much fun if we do indeed loose power.

Keep the folks here in the South in your prayers, we're not used to this kind of weather!

Last month we did 30 hrs. with no power and it was well below zero. We have propane heat so we were warm but didn't have anything else. Candles! Gary

wicked snow storm coming through CT tomorrow and my furnace blew this morning at 5:30. They can't replace it until Friday. yay!!

wicked snow storm coming through CT tomorrow and my furnace blew this morning at 5:30. They can't replace it until Friday. yay!!
Oh man, that sucks! Stay warm and stay safe!

Thankfully we still have our power here in NE Alabama, but the snow is still falling and the temperature is falling with it.

I just read that Georgia has almost a quarter million without power all of the way from Dallas to Augusta. (Dallas is where Double Nickle lives). This may be one for the record books by the time it's done!

I hope everyone stays safe.

It was almost a half a million at one point. I'm about 15 minutes from Double Nickle, been stuck in my house since Tuesday night. The sun came out today and melted most of the snow and ice.
Can't wait to go to work tomorrow, how sick is THAT?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Back