Craigslist Mystery.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been browsing my local CL and there is someone selling this mystery bike for $150. I like it as it reminds me of my Raleigh Twenty. He says he cannot find any info on it and neither can I. I was wondering if anyone just happens to know anything about this bike, I would like to buy it but am a little iffy about getting with no info.
http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/3203424751.html

Ok so I found another bike that I would be interested in buying. He says he knows nothing about it but he says it has Schwinn logos on it. Though I myself have never seen a Schwinn with the star pattern on the chainring.
Does anyone know what this is? If I could find out a little info on it I could throw him an offer.
Thanks. :)
http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/3210828970.html

The small bike is interesting, but no where near as well made as a Twenty. The frame looks like the typical U-tube frames that the Itallians and other used for folding bikes of the 60s-70s. Cool chainguard though.

So, as for the "Schwinn" bicycle. He says he might take $75 for it but he also added he watches American Pickers :roll: and would like to wait and see what offers he gets.
I am still a little iffy about buying it because I still have no idea what it is. Is it at least vintage?

Blackjack, I love your avatar.
Red is too cool.

Aluyasha said:
So, as for the "Schwinn" bicycle. He says he might take $75 for it but he also added he watches American Pickers :roll: and would like to wait and see what offers he gets.
I am still a little iffy about buying it because I still have no idea what it is. Is it at least vintage?
That's why I despise that show and any other "picking" show. :x

LarzBahrs said:
Oh god the American Pickers bit again. You should just tell him well maybe you should call them to come and buy it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, he told me that Mike Wolfe has paid hundreds of dollars for bikes that look just like this one. lol
He sounded all for the $75 I offered but said he wants to wait out for a bigger offer "because the bike would be worth at least $500 fully restored". Though he is pretty conviced it is a Schwinn due to the Schwinn logo on the handlegrips, I told him they were probably replaced but he thinks it is just a really rare Schwinn.
Personally even though I still cannot find any info on it as long as I can figure it is indeed vintage then I will buy it.

Ask him if he can restore it for $425.00. No seat makes it worth less. :D It's definitely vintage and possibly prewar. The screw adjustable dropouts are OG. American Pickers is staged - like watching WWF to me.

Just keep that wicked foot away from my bum!!!

Aluyasha said:
Could it be an Elgin? Kinda looks like some of them...
It's a Westfield built Elgin, prewar. Looks a lot like mine, which I think I paid $200 something, mine's og paint etc. though. -Adam
adamtinkererscollection009.jpg

Just brought it home. As I suspected it has been repainted and the pinstriping are stickers. Someone also spray painted chrome on everything else. :roll:
Good news, it is a skiptooth! My first skiptooth bike. lol
Here are some photos I just took of it. Needs alot of work and I still have no idea what it is. I am leaning toward Elgin though...
DSCF5274.jpg

DSCF5273.jpg

DSCF5275.jpg

DSCF5276.jpg

DSCF5277.jpg

DSCF5278.jpg

It has a number on the bottom side of the frame, it says: K 27279

Back