Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:

Using my photo as usual...ha ha! :lol:

DSC_0005.jpg~original

Steve,
Maybe you should start taking your bike photos with toilets in them to keep people from stealing them. :D

This falls under the 'Craigslist dreams' category...

Last night I opened the 'all categories newly listed' Craigslist page, and spotted this title: Park Tool Bike Stand - $20
It was listed under tools, so it was luck that I happened to see it. Usually I just check the bicycle listings looking for vintage bikes.

I called and arranged a meeting spot and bought it tonight. He said that I was the only call that he got and that it must have been meant for me to have.

We talked for a few minutes in the parking lot where we met, and he told me that he had done contract work assembling bikes for Wmart a few years ago and no longer had any use for the stand because of his new job as a truck driver and just wanted it gone.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a PCS-4-1 in great condition! I thanked him and gave him $30 and headed home.

I've been wanting one of these for a long while, but couldn't justify the price until today! 8) :D

Here's some pictures from Park Tools website...

b55ed224fbf4ec0b02f14627baf63de77fc12546_800x700.jpg

7730b427ec52fc921eca21bab8a0ee3b09b6f4b9_800x700.jpg

Awesome score! I wonder how many backward fork bikes were assembled on that. If bike stands could talk.....

Back