CWC Roadmaster Year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The serial # is F 08766 Cw on this 24" boys. Any guesses on the year? What is this style of crank ring called? Thank you.
[i
Sep2012052.jpg
mg]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/reidspapa/Sep2012053.jpg[/img]

skip tooth... ratina, how can you tell 48? just curious, you have taught me alot through your posts and I was just wondering

ratina said:
1speedJam1982 said:
skip tooth... ratina, how can you tell 48? just curious, you have taught me alot through your posts and I was just wondering

the Cw series was used from mid 47-49. The F falls into late 1948

nice i learn something new once again... :)

Ratina............thanks again for the info. Please humor me with a couple of follow-ups.............by Cw I meant the small w inside the large C. No doubt you understood it that way, right? Because of what I had read about bikes having the straight bar from the head tube to the BB, I had hoped this might be pre-war? Any thoughts on what that style sprocket is called?

BikeSup said:
Ratina............thanks again for the info. Please humor me with a couple of follow-ups.............by Cw I meant the small w inside the large C. No doubt you understood it that way, right? Because of what I had read about bikes having the straight bar from the head tube to the BB, I had hoped this might be pre-war? Any thoughts on what that style sprocket is called?

the sproket is skip tooth....right, isnt that what your asking??

No, I know it's a skiptooth, I'm asking what the design is called? Like the Schwinn sweetheart heart design, or the snowflake, or the flying teardrop....................what is this? It is kind of a "flying" sweetheart.............a heat mshape lying on it's side. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back