Deco DX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi there, The Build Off looks way too cool not to sign up and jump in !

I have been playing around with this BF Goordrich badged DX for awhile.
Rode it for awhile with some cool CWC gear from a girls bike with a cracked frame...

Great mix of parts. Can't wait to see how they play together on the DX.

Thanks! Phenomenal forum here !
Here are some wheel set options...I'd love to clean up the Elgin air cooled set, unfortunately the spokes are toast. I will eventually re spoke them, but in the meantime I have the set from the DX, or another rusty, crusty set of drops with a red stripe...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 163
Good stuff the Elgin parts look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I'm at so far...
I want to do some cool customizing and detail paint here and there, but still keep the parts un-cut and hopefully no new holes.
The challenge will be attaching the guard with these restrictions, but it looks doable!
I'm also still feeling out the direction I want go to make it something a bit more than a hodge-podge of parts, but I am much happier with the faded blue sheet metal with the bright red frame compared to the CWC swag.
Just got to keep working !

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the fray! This is a great forum, and the build off is a super cool way to get involved. Really like your original patina and parts mix.....now add your own creative dose of elixir and you will have a concoction that is completely Rat-isfying!:wink1:

I did some serious sanding on this pair of Torrington wrap arounds, hoping to find some black-out paint underneath. I'm not seeing anything yet, but I like the look.
I have a cool motorbike project for the cross bars, this is more of a wartime era build, so the wrappers are gonna be just right!

image.jpg

Temporary set back, I missed out on a sweet pair of patina Monark springers, so I'm still on the hunt for a fork, but I've got these nice CWC truss rods for now.
Plus this Deco stem that came with some red paint that I actually like a lot.

image.jpg

Adding some repaired ball end grips for the time being....good times !

Nice weathered look . Cool stem & grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a set of those crossbars.. badly for my build. Yet I can never seem to find them.:39: I have a feeling you're all hiding them from me!:bandit:

Anyways on a serious note(More serious:confused:) I do like the old weathered look this bike is having. Am I the only getting a vibe that it rode across the country and was collecting parts as it went?:thumbsup:

Getting some fresh house paint on the Elgin parts.
Also thinking about this badge.I dig the idea of a Co-Op badge on a Frankenbuild!

1463183800666.jpg

Attachments

• 1463183337154.jpg
    1463183337154.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 186
For some reason I am really loving this bike. (and I can't just put my finger on it)Maybe its because it invokes that childhood nostalgia at this point! Reminds me of my tiger schwinn I rescued from the alleyway and used to terrorize the neighbourhood with it. I never messed with it, but this bike just screams white picket fence and boulevard cruiser.:39: I'm diggin this hard.:rockout:

Back