Deco DX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some more work on the parts.
Added some details on the skirts, fenders and chain guard.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the stem with the red paint, too. Awesome.

furyus

That's hilarious...I see a lot of lime green on bikes these days. Not my look.
That deco stem was kind of a score.
Found some Springers !
Looks like they are a patina white/yellow so I'm hoping the colors all go together...

As a rat bike, you really have this build going the right direction! I dig the aged paint job. I'm not sure that you even need the springer over the truss rod setup........but, build on brother, it's looking Great!!

Great work on the patina! Your combination of real and 'sur-real' is really working! Be interesting to see the bike with the springer.

Did some of the little chores I was putting off...needed to attatch the guard and skirts without drilling new holes. Ended up bending some brackets and JBing them to the back of the guard.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've hit a few snags. I'm the next guy in line waiting for a die to arrive from china :)...so the fork will have to wait. Still have some paint details to do on the fork and handlebars...and I've decided to try my hand at recovering some seats !

Thanks TRM, it's been great seeing what you and others here are doing with paint !

Sweet fauxtina work dude.

Those Monark forks look really cool on Schwinn frames, heres my 61 American
IMG_7966_zpswi7akk2o.jpg

Good news, it only takes about a week or 10 days for a die to arrive from China.

Bikes looking good, keep it up.

Thanks all!
Dig that American! A bunch of who ride old Americans have a club. ..check the avatars pick ;)

It's nice of you to ask!
I started working on a couple of other bikes while I was waiting for the die to show up...

image.jpg

The bike above is a 39 LaSalle that I tricked out a little bit, planning to post a build thread once I get a few more decent pics.
The die arrived from China a couple days ago and I got the springer threaded.
Need to cut it down and put it on!
So that's were I'm at, taking a little break and hoping to get back to it ASAP.

It's nice of you to ask!
I started working on a couple of other bikes while I was waiting for the die to show up...

View attachment 26369

The bike above is a 39 LaSalle that I tricked out a little bit, planning to post a build thread once I get a few more decent pics.

I like your style :cool2:.

It's nice of you to ask!

View attachment 26369

What is that tank made out of?

Back