TRADITIONAL Doom Slug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life’s been happenin’ but we’re about to get back on it!
Friday Weekend GIF by MOODMAN

Got a few of the last things finished up on this one. Clearanced the fender and guard to fit each other and the tire. Attached them both to the frame. That took much longer than I had hoped but I’m pleased with the results, they are solid and look good. I wasn’t sure how I was going to attach the rear of the guard. I wound up bending the tail of it around to use as a tab to bolt to an existing hole in the dropout.
IMG_1442.jpeg

I made some cable straps out of metal zip ties to clean up the cable run somewhat. I’m happy that all of these parts that are from different vintages and bikes are able to fit and have room for the chain to shift gears and not rub on anything. I threw on this cool headlight I got from AliExpress. I kind of like it on here. What do you guys think?
IMG_1443.jpeg
IMG_1444.jpeg
IMG_1445.jpeg
IMG_1446.jpeg
IMG_1447.jpeg

I’m very nearly done with this one now. In the morning I’ll age the front whitewall, rub the frame and tank down with WD40 and try to get some finished pics. I really like the way this bike turned out. It looks so cool now. It rides great too. In the future I want to add a front drum brake as the small rear brake needs help here in the mountains. If I keep the headlight on it I’d like to wire it to a battery in the tank. And try to get the horn working while I’m in there. For now it’s shower and dinner. Then to find a movie to pass out to this evening. Really fun day. ✌️

I like the cool chopper triangle light, but have you thought about pulling it back tighter to the bike. In my mind, it juts out a bit too far and would look better almost nestled between the truss rods.

I like the cool chopper triangle light, but have you thought about pulling it back tighter to the bike. In my mind, it juts out a bit too far and would look better almost nestled between the truss rods.
It does jut out a bit. I'll take a look at it in the morning, see if I can pull it back a bit. 👍

Back