TRADITIONAL Doom Slug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drilled a new hole in the mounting bracket and trimmed it down. The rough edges will rust over time, so much the better. The light is now pulled back and down and definitely looks better. I’ll trim the stud to the bottom of the nut so it looks cleaner and won’t try to rub the tire. Now on to tire aging and WD40 polish.
View attachment 274970View attachment 274971View attachment 274972View attachment 274973
View attachment 274969

Oh yeah, the light position is perfect now!
I don't know how I missed it before, but I love the SEBikes tread on the tires. Super cool!

Thanks OJ! The headlight is way too shiny for the bike. I’d love to give it some patina but for now I’m flat out of time. I work the next 4 days so I’ve just got a few evenings to try to get some ok pics. One of my next projects is going to be watching some photography videos.

I think the shiny contrast with the rattiness looks great. Keep it as is. it goes with the shiny bits on your bike.

Just noodling around trying to luck into some decent shots. I’ll ride down to the beach in a while to see what happens there.
View attachment 275081View attachment 275082View attachment 275083View attachment 275084View attachment 275085

Great shots and angles. One suggestion though. Move you cranks around so that they aren't blocking the cool chainguard before you take your photos.
The bike is looking AWESOME!!!

Oh yeah, the light position is perfect now!
I don't know how I missed it before, but I love the SEBikes tread on the tires. Super cool!

I think the shiny contrast with the rattiness looks great. Keep it as is. it goes with the shiny bits on your bike.

Great shots and angles. One suggestion though. Move you cranks around so that they aren't blocking the cool chainguard before you take your photos.
The bike is looking AWESOME!!!
Thanks KF! I've appreciated the feedback and suggestions from you and everyone. It has really brought this build to a better level and I've learned a lot. I thought about the crank position as I was rolling the bike back to the garage. I'll try to think of that before I take the pics the next time. :39: I've got a couple of other locations to try out over the next few evenings. 😎

Thanks KF! I've appreciated the feedback and suggestions from you and everyone. It has really brought this build to a better level and I've learned a lot. I thought about the crank position as I was rolling the bike back to the garage. I'll try to think of that before I take the pics the next time. :39: I've got a couple of other locations to try out over the next few evenings. 😎

That is the absolute best thing about these build offs!! Each one of us has the opportunity to end up building a much better and cooler bike than we ever would have on our own. I know that I thrive on the feedback, even advice you don't take gets your brain churning.

Back