Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
222b4fa0c815d4d1dc0f7a065646a1e3.jpg

Oh yeah!!!! You are making some killer good choices.
These bars - killer
Shorter CWC guard - killer
Tank mounted over the top bar - killer

Great build brother!

The CWC looks right, and won't hide all of your nice metalwork. On the other hand, the long guard emphasizes the stretch. So, I'm no help at all!
Thanks. I agree. It looks right. You also add a pro to the long guard I hadn't thought of.

Stay vintage, the bike is vibing that direction
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the shorter guard. :nod:

Glen.
Oh yeah!!!! You are making some killer good choices.
These bars - killer
Shorter CWC guard - killer
Tank mounted over the top bar - killer

Great build brother!

Thank You! It's really coming together.

If the long guard was 'rat-ina-ed' to fit your bare rat look you have going, and notched so it sat outside the seat stay, that might be cool. I like the vintage chain guard too though. The latest bars are perfect....maybe a little rust-ification needed, but the reach really compliments the stretched frame. I still see a big bulky fork on the front end of that beast....

I'm with KF.
Some excellent work going on.
Thanks FunkMe. ;-)
If the long guard was 'rat-ina-ed' to fit your bare rat look you have going, and notched so it sat outside the seat stay, that might be cool. I like the vintage chain guard too though. The latest bars are perfect....maybe a little rust-ification needed, but the reach really compliments the stretched frame. I still see a big bulky fork on the front end of that beast....
Thanks OddJob!

I thought that about the long guard as well. The roll at the top is about 1", so it is kinda the same size bar as the tubing on the bike. It would cut in as you say right in front of the seat stay. It would have to be sanded to dull it and make it rustable to match the rest of the bike.

I will make brackets to mount in the regular guard. The stretch giard can be for some future build.

That Big Fork work starts today. I get the fun of trying to curve cut 1/4" plate without a plasma cutter. I will be picking up a pack of jigsaw blades and use a fair amount of cutting oil to get the job done.... ( At least that's the plan. )

I need the bike riding by Feb 11th. That is the day the local Artistic Cruiser's have the I annual ride down the Las Vegas strip. Last year more than 400 people were on the ride. I would love to have the inaugural ride, painted or not, to this event.

Cheers. Bike ride this morning to the top of Lone Mtn road and back. Then will get started.

Hey Chewy,
I couldn't pull my eyes away from your bike last night and thought of one more place to try the tank. I couldn't explain at the time and let it go.
Then tonight I saw this pic in a different thread and a familiar perspective....
Have you considered using the lady tank as a pod or double floating chainguard ?
It could tie in well with top tubes' line or bottom brack, serve a function (or not), and let your fine joinery work show with the flow...
43c51a64ca7c5d548d5a46a2e32ad500.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chewy,
I couldn't pull my eyes away from your bike last night and thought of one more place to try the tank. I couldn't explain at the time and let it go.
Then tonight I saw this pic in a different thread and a familiar perspective....
Have you considered using the lady tank as a pod or double floating chainguard ?
It could tie in well with top tubes' line or bottom brack, serve a function (or not), and let your fine joinery work show with the flow...
43c51a64ca7c5d548d5a46a2e32ad500.jpg

Thanks Late!

Hmmm, cool, well that's an idea I've never thought of. [emoji106]

Next time I have the tank off I will play around with it and see what might make sense.

Thanks Chewey,
It may be a long shot (for sure more work) fitting the tank down there and I know you have a few things on your punch list to whittle down for your Febrauary ride, but it may be fun playin' around at some point down the road.
This input was offered by an envious bolt on builder BTW,
You're Rockin' It Sir, Please Carry On :thumbsup:

This is gonna be sweet !

Anti-chrome... alright.
Looking good bro!

Carl.
Thanks Carl. The anti chrome may become much darker today. That gold and red will look on a muscle bike... just not sure they will match in here. Still noodling in it until I have the frame to set next to them. They have to be repainted either way. The clear melted the gold paint....

Speaking of frame.

This is the plan.

Charcoal base. Red darts overlayed on these patterns. As easy as 1 2 3 , right????
806187464744f3f62a56b117c49aa06b.jpg

Sweet paint work!

Back