DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE'S AUCTION RAT!!!

We brainstormed a little bit last night (we were limited on time).

I think we have a 'vision' and color scheme.
I'm not sure what's left on the parts list, DN is running that.
I do know we need a couple of sissy bars for an idea that came to us last night and some 26 x 2.125 (or fatter) whitewalls 1 is good 2 is better, kinda grundgy would be cool.
I thought I saw some for sale on here recently for $10, maybe the seller would consider donating them. :roll: :wink:
Come on, it's for a good cause!

Cheers!
Dr. T

OK guys the vision is complete. after a good talk with one of the fellow members we came up with the idea of building the bike in the new rust bucket ratrodbike t-shirts. if someone could get a picture up on the tread that would be great :D

rrb_rustrocketshirt.jpg

I have a headlight that you may be interested in. Its not a bicycle HL, so you'll need to "make" it work. Brass body, so I think it was maybe for a boat. Probably 30s-40s ish. I'll get a pic up for you ASAP, see what you think.

Hey Double Nickle!

I've just stumbled upon this thread via the biketalk-thread and I find it friggin awesome that your going to build the bike I drew up for the new RRB-shirt. And what a great innitiative and creative way to sponsor the site... Hope you'll succeed soon. This thread needs pics though :wink:

Btw the bike I drew up is loosely based on MY OWN CRUISER, but in a cartoonish way ofcoure...

I wish I had the abillity to build it exactly the way I have drawn it... Can't wait to see how you're gonna pull it off. I've always imagined a 26inch rearwheel in a 24 inch frame to get the tire protruding the rack. Anyway... that's not important. Just build a cool bike.

Cheers!

...and remember guys:
rustrocketbanner.jpg

CLICK HERE! ...to pre-order your Rustrocket Deluxe-shirt and show your support. CLICK HERE!
CLICK HERE! ...to check MYSPACE for me and my ART! CLICK HERE!

herr_rudolf said:
This thread needs pics

:lol: your right...the only problem with that is the only parts i have is the ones that are in the pics on the first page :lol:

I have not been following this thread, I had promised you a tank, will it still fit into what you are trying to build, If so email me a reminder and I will dig one out that you can modify, Rick

Well, finally got the frame stripped. Should get color on it this week! Pics as promised.
DSCF2304.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

Serial # M08 005020, that makes it a 1968, I think....
DSCF2305.jpg

gotta love those swoopy Murray dropouts!
DSCF2309.jpg

See ya soon w/color!

Cheers!
Dr. T

We are thinking of a rust color, And we both knew it had to get started but it's not like we are behide. Our deadline is Christmas.

We are thinking of a rust color, And we both knew it had to get started but it's not like we are behide. Our deadline is Christmas.

UncleKudzu said:
what's a cheap way to ship something like wheels?

Go Grayhound. Pretty cheap. You pack it up and take it to the bus station. It rides around in the belly of a couple buses until it gets where you sent it. The down side is the person receiving it has to go to the bus station to pick it up. I have shipped and received this way and as long as it isn't too far for either of you to get to the bus station it is the cheapest way to ship.

I can't even tell you where a bus station is near me! Double Nickle does a lot of buying/selling he may know.
Since we've got time, good old 'snail mail' is fine.

Well, in other news, laid some color down on it. Krylon red primer, it may end up being the final color, clear coated of course. Funny, the flash on the camera makes it look a LOT redder than it is. As I look at it in my drying room, it's almost brown, as in 'rusty' brown.
DSCF2313.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Back