DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE'S AUCTION RAT!!!

wow man that looks great, cant wait to get it back to my house and start putting it together :wink:

Re: DOUBLE NICKLE'S AUCTION RAT!!!(Painted)

We're trying to stay true to our inspiration:
rustrocket_def_2.jpg

Besides, keepin' it plain leaves the personalization to the tastes of the lucky winner. :wink:

Second coat goes on tomorrow night, hopefully I can finish it while DN is at 'Strikes and Bikes' this weekend!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Does anyone have a Murray (or other) chainguard, i think this started life as a Monterey, for us?
The paint quality doesn't matter, but straight would be nice. :wink:

PM me for a shipping address if you've got one.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Just bought both new RRB decals for the bike and donating my very own brooks saddle to up the value of the bike!!! :D Ill get the frame from DR.T sometime this week so I can start putting it together.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I can bring it by Thursday night, let me know if that works for you.

Later dude,
Dr. T
actually wednesday and thursday are the only days this week that woulnt work.

im not gunna be home any this weekend so if you want to come and leave it on the porch you can or ill just come get it sometime next week.

Got the frame back from Dr.T and it looks great...we will start putting it together as soon as possible...we are still well on track for our Christmas deadline....(hint hint, The money the bike brings in will be the sites Christmas present from all the members who donated parts)

KOTA said:
Did one tonight. This one is for a 24in wheel. It was a little tougher then I expected. I had to use a FAIR amount of strength. I got caught up with bending, so I didn't take to many pics. The first one is the fork in the conduit bender (doing a second bend). You have to bend in small increments, then CHECK to see how much more you need to do. I've heard people say that a conduit bender leaves "kinks', not if you don't try to go to far with a bend. If you need more of a bend, move it, slightly, up or down. I used two reference points, on the fork, for this bend. The first was with the drop outs sticking OUT of the bender, an inch. The second was the TIP of the drop outs flush (even) with the end of the bender, as shown. This wasn't a "radical" bend. I just wanted to change the attitude of the bike slightly. Remember, go in increments to achieve what you want, put it back on the bike and check. The more you bend, the higher the tire gets to the top of the fork. Bend to MUCH, and you won't get the rim back in! The last four pics show the progression of the forks. As far as measuring, you can see that I use the space in the boards of a picnic table bench. :D GOOD LUCK! .....I hope this helps you out.

004-8.jpg

001-17.jpg

002-15.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

Looking at using this technique to bend the forks that "mikesbikes36" donated to the build.

Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!!!(Painted)

Also just to let everyone know that we are looking into getting all of your usernames on the bike by a pinstripper if you donated a part to the build.

What do you guys need for the rack? are you going to try to drop it over the back wheel? if it's a fairly standard frame geometry I may be able to work something up using the old chrome rack off my 3 speed and an old cruiser frame from work to fit it to. mail it to you mostly done... Let me know!

DSCN0741.jpg

Wacko,
That would be awesome!
Our initial thought, to keep it 'thick', was to use a sissy bar for the 'main' part. We would still need to figure out the 'support' though. I think your rack would supply those pieces perfectly. I'll PM you an address to ship to.

Anyone got a sissy bar to donate to the cause?
Every piece gets us closer.

Thanks again Wacko

Cheers!
Dr. T

Back