DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!!!(Painted)

do you need me to do any modifications before I send it? I could trim out all the lateral bars or shorten the support legs... I like the sissy bar idea for the shape! should fit well over the wheel. Are you bringing it in to meet the seat stays or taking it to the seat binder bolt? I'll take it down to work and see how it looks. maybe find you a sissy bar too! 8)

pvwacko said:
You guys get any wheels yet? What were you thinking about using? fat 26" out back and a skinny 24" up front? Let me know I'll look around...
yes that is exactly what we need

jezusjonz said:
Double Nickle said:
Sure man what ever you wanna do. If you do this for us it will be your special mark on the bike so make it however you want to.

Tyler

Heres a drawing for you to look at and see if it will work. The circle measures about 2 1/2 inches round. If you have holes or something that need matched up to I can resize it. Just let me know how you want to mount it and we'll adjust it. Also I can paint it or plate it silver or both. Just let me know what you want.

Terry

rustrocketbadgejpg.jpg
looking at getting a custom headbadge form jezusjonz

did you get the wheels yet? I have an EA3 40 spoke chromie hoop with a NOS 24 x 1/38 blacwall to go with it, but no font hub for it... :roll:

hey what kinda sissy bar r u wanting ??? somthing custom ?/? id love 2 build one for this ...not really sure what direction u r wanting 2 go with one .lmk !! mike

I'll hit up the local guys with piles of used parts and see if I can dig up a wheel set. if I can I'll drop them and the rack in the mail next week! Any body have a good way to paint whitewalls? I don't think I'm going to be able to find skinny 24" whitewalls.

mikesbikes36 said:
hey what kinda sissy bar r u wanting ??? somthing custom ?/? id love 2 build one for this ...not really sure what direction u r wanting 2 go with one .lmk !! mike

I'll shoot you a PM on it, I need to organize my rambling thoughts into a drawing. :mrgreen:

pvwacko said:
I'll hit up the local guys with piles of used parts and see if I can dig up a wheel set. if I can I'll drop them and the rack in the mail next week! Any body have a good way to paint whitewalls? I don't think I'm going to be able to find skinny 24" whitewalls.

I Googled it and found some different techniques on the 'Rat Rod' car sites. I tried it about a week ago, using acrylic latex paint, since the best way to paint them seems to be off-rim (lesson learned, see below), you need the 'flexiblity' that the latex adds when you go to inflate the tire.
I did it on a 26 x 1 3/8" tire (had to find SOME use for those skinny ones, :roll: )
I used a #6 flat artists brush:
I started with a 2 coats of latex-based Kilz as a primer, then 2 coats of white gloss acrylic latex for color. It looked GOOD, but too shiny, so I topped it with another coat of Kilz (flat finish). I was pleased, until I tried to remove it from the rim, DOH! The paint stuck to the rim and pulled the paint off when I tried to separate them.
I've got a couple of junk 24" MTB tires that I can use for Guinea Pigs on the next try (hopefully this weekend).
I'll post the results ASAP.
Cheers!
Dr. T

wud up guys! new to the site, and wanting to put in on this... so with that said, if you guys are still in need of a set of sissys, take ure pick!
DSCF2821.jpg

DSCF2820.jpg

DSCF2819.jpg

DSCF2822.jpg

get@me

How long are they? I did some 'shadetree' calculations and a 24" is what we're probably going to need.
I'm digging the bent one and the one in the middle.

Cheers!
Dr. T

DSCF2824.jpg

DSCF2823.jpg

the one in the middle is about 22"

edbuildsRATSinthe509,
We may have to put the sissy bar idea on hold, another forum member has offered to build a custom rack for the project.
We REALLY appreciate the offer, we may come back to it, you never know.

Thanks again bro!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Do you guys need grips :?: I have a pair of cheezy black ones that are just plain black :| Let me know and I can get pics :wink: Sorry I don't have pics at the moment :oops:
Nick 8)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
edbuildsRATSinthe509,
We may have to put the sissy bar idea on hold, another forum member has offered to build a custom rack for the project.
We REALLY appreciate the offer, we may come back to it, you never know.

Thanks again bro!

Cheers!
Dr. T
right on a custom would look a lot better any how let me know if I can help with anything else I have a lot of stuff laying around so if I have what you guys need its yours can wait too see of all together and rolling you guys are awesomme for doing this rght on well get@me

Back