DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current Progress (June 4)...

100_7014_zps63df8c91.jpg

Here's a profile shot.
The splined knuckle allows for the sprocket to move back and forth which also makes adjusting the chain angle possible.
Idlerpitch_zps158af37b.jpg

I made sure to line up the new slide mount parallel with the seat tube.;)
...when you make the new Dana bracket maybe consider lining it all up to the chain stay and seat tube?

Last edited:
That tow hook is soooo much win!:thumbsup: I have one on my car;) I forget If you mentioned a paint scheme yet but how about painting the hook red for a little contrast and to comply with NHRA regulations:grin:

Oh and Im a huge speedhunters fan too:thumbsup:

Always need a tow hook!

Luke.
That's what I thought too!:D
That tow hook is soooo much win!:thumbsup: I have one on my car;) I forget If you mentioned a paint scheme yet but how about painting the hook red for a little contrast and to comply with NHRA regulations:grin:

Oh and Im a huge speedhunters fan too:thumbsup:
Thanks jasper!
And yes, of course it will be red.:grin: Paint won't come until I can finish all of the fab work.

what i was gonna say ^ :)
That's weird, we posted at the exact same time!

Got the left side idler bracket mount finished today. I cut the piece out of angle and drilled and tapped it for the slide screws. It's only tacked in place until I get both sides in place and make sure that it works the way want it to.

100_7077_zps38d08019.jpg

Got the right side mounting bracket made. I cut it from an old extruded aluminum street marker blank. The straight side that the slide part screws into is 1/4" thick, so it's very rigid. This thing works even better than I had imagined when I started it!

It's been raining off and on, but I hope to take it outside for a better photo later today.

Here's a collage of the finished idler. The bottom left shows the splined adjuster without the cap on it...
idlermultipic_zps4615edec.jpg

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of the kind comments!:)

Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads!
I just got home from a church in Tuscaloosa where one of the praise bands that I play in is playing this month.
The pastor explained that on Mothers Day they gave all of the moms flowers at the end of the service, so today, for Fathers Day, they gave every dad a more manly gift of a pound of bacon as we left.:rockout:

True story.

Happy Fathers Dad back at'cha... I too play in a praise band, called Crossfire. We should compare song lists for a given Sunday sometime... Occasionally I organize a "Praise Band Jam" with 6 or 7 local bands playing on a Saturday afternoon, each band does 3 or 4 tunes, and we decide ahead so that we don't do the same songs. We also pass the plate once and give it all to a local charity. It's a great time and helps out. Plus it's cool to hear what other praise bands are doing...

Carl.

(and now back to our previously scheduled forum...BONINE) :cool2::cool2::cool2:

awesome work !!! salute bro
Thanks!
Happy Fathers Dad back at'cha... I too play in a praise band, called Crossfire. We should compare song lists for a given Sunday sometime... Occasionally I organize a "Praise Band Jam" with 6 or 7 local bands playing on a Saturday afternoon, each band does 3 or 4 tunes, and we decide ahead so that we don't do the same songs. We also pass the plate once and give it all to a local charity. It's a great time and helps out. Plus it's cool to hear what other praise bands are doing...

Carl.

(and now back to our previously scheduled forum...BONINE) :cool2::cool2::cool2:
We do a mix of covers and original music. I'll send you a 'conversation' some time!

Latest posts

Back