DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big! when you're banging through gears at 150mph you need a big Tach so you don't blow up:grin:

This is true... hadn't thought of that. You might also need a shift light as well. Kind of like this...

auto-meter-nv-monster-5-pedestal-shift-light-tachometer-300x300.jpg

:acute:

So far it looks like most of you are confirming my thoughts with the small one. My second thought was the large one just so I could call it a monster tach.:D But, like Glen suggested, it would need a shift light and I don't have time for that.
I think the small one if you could tuck it in closer to the tank. Have you thought about recessing into the tank?
The mount in the pictures was something that I quickly made out of some thin sign aluminum just to use for all three sizes. The final piece will probably fit closer to the tank and will resemble the seat pedestal. I did consider recessing it in the tank, but the cable will already have a pretty sharp bend in it as it is, and probably wouldn't have enough room to turn it inside of the tank with out having to fabricate some type of mechanical 90 to make it work. Once again, I don't have time for that and besides, most drag cars typically add on the tach over the steering column or on the dash with a bracket, so I think mounting it that way keeps it more with the theme.

It might be determined by how well I can remove the bezel and lens from the small one to change the face. The small one has a crimped on aluminum bezel and the large one comes off easily.

Anyone have suggestions about how to pry the bezel off without destroying it?

Back