DROPPING OUT - (MBBO Class 1) Afterburner X53/254

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give you more time to come up with alot of new ideas to set aside to use in the future of this awsome kingfish creation!

Sorry to see you go. I look forward to seeing this bike done in one fashion or another.

Bummer KF !!!
Wanted to see where this was goin.
Next year!

Your bike was looking good.

Thanks guys and gals. This build continues to swirl around in my head. I look forward to jumping on it next year.
In the meantime, I am blown away by the creativity level and execution that is going into the other MBBO bikes! Keep if up!!!!

If a person cannot finish a build and wants to put it on hold and enter the same bike in a future build how do you do this and stay within the rule of no work before start date? Please don't think I am complaining or fussing about this build I was just wandering for myself if something was to happen to where someone couldn't finish. Could you enter in a anything goes build or just tear down the bike and go with different parts? Again I am not complaining or trying to start trouble or a argument I'm sure others have wandered and it's probably been answered somewhere but I haven't seen it. :blush:

If a person cannot finish a build and wants to put it on hold and enter the same bike in a future build how do you do this and stay within the rule of no work before start date? Please don't think I am complaining or fussing about this build I was just wandering for myself if something was to happen to where someone couldn't finish. Could you enter in a anything goes build or just tear down the bike and go with different parts? Again I am not complaining or trying to start trouble or a argument I'm sure others have wandered and it's probably been answered somewhere but I haven't seen it. :blush:
if you use the same bike but go in a differend direction , i think it counts as a new build !

Circumstances differ, but on this build no frame modifications were done and he really just laid out a fine mock up. At this point, it could be returned to original, or built the same as he intended. What real difference would it make? I've only been here a year, but I haven't seen any nitpickers go farther than a question asked and satisfied with a single answer.

Carl. :android:

Great question. For this build I don't feel I ever got past the mock up stages. I haven't turned a wrench or fabricated anything. Everything has already been separated back into individual parts. If I ended up building this in a future build off, I don't think that I would have any unfair advantage over any other builder. I think throughout the year, it is fairly common for people to plan for build offs and do some basic mockups as a sanity check.

Great question. For this build I don't feel I ever got past the mock up stages. I haven't turned a wrench or fabricated anything. Everything has already been separated back into individual parts. If I ended up building this in a future build off, I don't think that I would have any unfair advantage over any other builder. I think throughout the year, it is fairly common for people to plan for build offs and do some basic mockups as a sanity check.
I agree! I have done multiple mock ups that are just mock ups to look at stuff!

Troy

I'm Not asking about this build I'm asking if you had to stop in the middle of a build off is there anyway to enter in another build off like in my build I have modified the dropouts could I enter the frame in a different build as long as I changed all the parts or would I have to change the drop outs to
Maybe I should not be worried about this unless it happens and then ask like I said before I'm not wanting to cause trouble or nitpick there might be circumstances come up that I couldn't finish my build and be a while before starting again but it would be fine to just move to the builds section but it would be nice to enter another build off of the same kind and do it with a different assortment of parts but anyway hope I have not hit any sore spots just wandering hopefully these circumstances will not happen to me and I can proceed as planned
The build offs seems to get a lot more responses and advice that would be one of the main reasons for wanting to be in a build off than a normal build

Last edited:
Back