Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Lakester RatRod! The paint job on those bikes is stunning up close!
Electra is discontinuing the Lakester this year and will be coming out with two new color schemes for their Attitude bike frames.

I call this one " One mans trash!" because it was literally fished out of a dumpster.Had a badly dinged back rim and a ruined Brooks B72 on it. I got a hold of it swapped a few parts, added some apes, and rode off into the sunset!
IMG_1246_zpse5d5c243.jpg

My guess is a college kid whos parents paid for it. You should see some of the things they leave behind once school is out.

Picked up a Rat Fink frame and forks a few weeks ago. Still haven't done anything with it except experiment with some creme thick bricks. This may even end up as a trike.

WP_000438.jpg

Been almost 6 months since I posted up some pics of my Electras. This is the hard to find 'sand' color Rockabilly Boogy. As of now ; Clubman bars, Electra cream grips, Stemcaptain clock, Bendix shifter with a 70s roadrunner head off of a bank, Nirve headlight, Crowe double kickstand, Harley bag, red stripe kit on the wheels (reflectorized at night), and topped it off with a Brooks aged B67 saddle. The stripe kit was my solution to not being able to find a set of 'Troy lee' red line tires.

020-2.jpg

001.jpg

I picked up a pair of Electra "stream ride" pieces yesterday. I was curious if anyone could tell me what year they were made.

dscn0188-1.jpg

dscn0190-1.jpg

dscn0194-1.jpg

dscn0196-1.jpg

dscn0199-1.jpg

dscn0201-1.jpg

dscn0203-1.jpg

dscn0204-1.jpg

dscn0205-1.jpg

dscn0208-1.jpg

dscn0217-1.jpg

dscn0218-1.jpg

dscn0219-1.jpg

From the looks of them, I would guess that they are both between 2002-2005.
Here's a reliable way to find out when your Electra was manufactured.
Quote from Electrabikeforums.com: "The third digit (first numerical digit) in the serial number (which is on the bottom of the BB) is the last digit of the manufacturing year.
For example: LWO***** - 2000, WN7***** - 2007, and so on."

Thanks. If i'm reading the numbers right, they're both built in 2005. The Betty has 2 sets of numbers... I'm assuming one is a model # due to the fact that the other bike has a serial # and then a stamping that reads "RAT ROD 3".

They are steel.. and not foot forward... and they are both 3 speeds.

For some reason i thought Electra went to the "foot forward" design in 03?

El_Jozir said:
My rat fink redone
DSCN6029.jpg

Hey everyone..I am new to the forum..sweet rides all around....!

Amazing job on this white Fink! I am having a hard time finding a triple tree with the top clamp like you have pictured here...does anyone know where I can order these from? This will be a silly question to all you guys, but do I need any additional hardware if/when I locate these TTs? Out of curiosity, how long are your forks? I am thinking of taking my Fink in a similar Bobber directions.

Thanks!

gregoriole said:
gregoriole said:
my rat fink. mostly stock, added a brooks b67 (totally worh the $$$), electra tool bag, green dice valvcaps. winter plans include upgrading to a nexus 8 speed hub and replace the stock grops. anyone here running an 8 speed, how do you like it?

rf5.jpg

The above was a year ago, just installed a nexus 8 speed. made a huge change in the riding expecience, as did the thick brick tires. they have better traction roll a lot smoother. swapped in some cork grips, overall a big improvement and all set for the hills of toronto.

4848578231_fe9c9c0406_b.jpg

Glad I found this last pic. I have a 1st gen Fink frame with white flames. I was thinking of orange rims with creme bricks. Still undecided, but this gives me a good reference point to ponder.

I always wanted a Pink Fink, but sooo hard to come by. Came across this one a couple of days ago for cheap! Person I got it from said she only rode it a few times and kept in her living room...judging from the condition, it looks like it was never taken out! I LOVE to customize my bikes, but I think I'm going to leave this one just as it sits!

I think my daughter may have a nice birthday present coming up :)

file-140.jpg

file-142.jpg

file-143.jpg

file-147.jpg

file-150.jpg

file-156.jpg

file-153.jpg

Back