Elevated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting with this NOS elevated chain stay frame. Time to bring it to life, to be used for what it was designed. DIRT.
With a bit of scrounging through the parts pile, let's see if I can do this frame justice.
20230501_153006.jpg
20230501_153014.jpg

...., that is a lot of nice-looking goodies, and all I have is a frame so far...
All the bits need a lot of cleaning and polishing to bring em upto standard.
Still missing a bunch odds and sods.
Plenty of time left to find what's needed 😆

Very cool frame. I like how it almost has a gender bender flipped frame vibe to it.

A nice little collector there... Will be keeping a eye on this one.
You have given me inspiration to restore mine.

With a bit of scrounging through the parts pile, let's see if I can do this frame justice.
STX RC and thumbs on that sweet e stay? Off to a strong start. Any idea what the frame is?
Thought this stem was cool,
Wow that looks great! I have one of those stashed under the bench, but the finish on the air spring is wrecked. How did you clean yours up?

STX RC and thumbs on that sweet e stay? Off to a strong start. Any idea what the frame is?

Wow that looks great! I have one of those stashed under the bench, but the finish on the air spring is wrecked. How did you clean yours up?
I've found out it's a Vortex frame. Made for an Australian bike shop.
I think thumbies is the only way to go. Not a fan of indexed shifters.
I disassembled the spring, sanded up the plastic body and shot it with some satin black. Keeping it simple. It's a weird stem to use, but think it suits such a weird frame.

Latest posts

Back