Elevated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent last night polishing the Araya hoops, after stripping the ano off them.
Picked up these IRC SUPER 8s a little while ago. They're like new, think they'll go perfectly on this build
20230505_103702.jpg
20230505_103933.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY!! I hadn't peeked at 'Elevated' for a few days....and BAM! Really diggin' the late '80s-early '90s vibe here! I rode a splatter paint Diamond Back (back when they were real bikes) in 1987-88 and it had a splatter paint job. Most of us tried the suspension stem at some point on our fully rigid rigs, yours has a high cool factor and fits this vibe so well. Great tire choice too. Glad to see another MTB build in the mix!

Keep the vibe goin'!

Okay, this is really wild! I knew I had a photo of me and my Diamond Back Ascent-EX in a file somewhere.

Yes, I was skinny, had dark hair, and wore purple tights in 1988. :bigsmile: That's a 1 75mm long Ritchey stem I got special to try and stretch my long frame out on those really short top tubed mtb's of that era. Steep head angle and steep seat angle resulted in many 'over the bars' crashes.

I still have that Park Tool stand, it's used now only for painting.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit @GTHOtrod , but you took me back about 35 years with your cool build!

DB '88.jpg

Okay, this is really wild! I knew I had a photo of me and my Diamond Back Ascent-EX in a file somewhere.

Yes, I was skinny, had dark hair, and wore purple tights in 1988. :bigsmile: That's a 1 75mm long Ritchey stem I got special to try and stretch my long frame out on those really short top tubed mtb's of that era. Steep head angle and steep seat angle resulted in many 'over the bars' crashes.

I still have that Park Tool stand, it's used now only for painting.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit @GTHOtrod , but you took me back about 35 years with your cool build!

View attachment 231007
That's awesome.
I don't mind at all, in fact i appreciate these detours, it's all part of the vibe I'm trying to capture with this build.
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement 🙏

Too bad you are on the other side of the globe. I could send off nearly a complete kit of drivetrain, bars, shifters, saddle, and brakes from the late '80s. But I'm excited to see how this progresses! As always, I'm sure you have some surprises in store for us!

Soooo, I kind of got side tracked and gave the klunker a good change up. Used the rims and spokes from the donor wheelset for elevated, to build up a set of coaster 29s for this.
View attachment 231435
Ok, now back to the estay!🤣
I like this!

Latest posts

Back