Elgin Board Track Racer, she's finis!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one I gave as a gift to my friend's dad. They do turn out well.
9b8d00da78b5335501eb5c743bba8a62.jpg
518b7a466aa49e520d37ff20d574f56d.jpg

- by Gigmata

Love those Elgin long tanks.
Have fun.

Oh, I know!
The longer I hang around, the more you'll see I'm a wise guy!
Hence the name, "Shish"......
sheesh
SHēSH/
exclamation
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    "sheesh! what fun is it to mock people when they don't even get it?"

Another slow day at work and still no bike left to work on gave me time to experiment with some colors and gather more parts.

I just about have all my parts or have them on the way. Nitto Promenade bars, Fat Frank 26"x 2.35" Creme Tires, Vintage Raleigh grips, I found two different Higgins fender braces for the rear, one in chrome and one in paintable condition from Rafael (aka A.S. Boltnut, and some sacrificial fenders.
Still trying to decide if I want to steal the aluminum 7 Speed Nexus wheelset off of one of my other bikes, use some single speed chrome rims that I have on-hand, or order a set of Nexus 3 speed rims - either black w/black spokes or white with black spokes if that's an option.

I am open to opinions and observations - fully aware that they will be, most likely, vast and varied.

Yeah, we can go with that ... or it could be a nickname that was garnered from my younger, more experimental partying days.
So, bell peppers and onions on a body piercing? :crazy:
shishkebab.jpg

:grin:

Love the long tank [emoji106] your virtual mock up is cool . the antique blue looks killer with black wheels and white tires awesome bike !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back