ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about the direction I was going in and realized I had too many colors and components competing, adding to visual confusion.

After stripping the bike again to bare metal…I can’t help but like the monochromatic look

One, I agree with you. Two, that is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

Bare metal is alluring... That is why I chose to go in that direction on Little Neutrino, with a softened patina of walnut stain.

Carl.

Bike is looking awesome! I'm big fan of bare metal. Usually I get a bike all stripped down and then have a hard time convincing myself to put paint on it. I guess that's why I've done a handful of bare bikes.

Bare metal is alluring... That is why I chose to go in that direction on Little Neutrino, with a softened patina of walnut stain.

Carl.

Because of all the different metal colors and aluminum on the bike...I'm painting a faux metal.

There’s something sweet about the color of steel.
And the color of rust. Faded pinstripes on patina'd rust. Just a thought.

FS, I haven't been around much and this is the first time I've looked at any builds for this build off, and I came to your thread first. For the past couple years I've marvled at your work, and have wanted to come up to The City to see them in person. I took a stab at a build off in the Muscle Bike arena over the winter. I did well, but nowhere in the realm of the fantastic and creative work you've done. It's rolling art.

Good luck, and I can't wait to see it when it's done!

And the color of rust. Faded pinstripes on patina'd rust. Just a thought.

FS, I haven't been around much and this is the first time I've looked at any builds for this build off, and I came to your thread first. For the past couple years I've marvled at your work, and have wanted to come up to The City to see them in person. I took a stab at a build off in the Muscle Bike arena over the winter. I did well, but nowhere in the realm of the fantastic and creative work you've done. It's rolling art.

Good luck, and I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Crash! You a Master Chief yet?

Killer build man!
I love it :thumbsup:

THANKS! I didn't do much today on "e". Instead I volunteered at the co-op bike shop, built and completed twelve tyke bikes for a bunch of kids for our annual town parade this Saturday.

Lookin good Fordsnake, I did like the faux rusty patina,but the bare faux rust metal will look really great as well...Your the expert,I'm sure your vision will come thru...

I reverted to the bare metal look...actually it's 4 colors of silver and 2 colors of bronze paint. I have one more color to apply, other than that, I'm happy. I may go with this seat...I'm still undecided?
FS,
Insanely cool look and finish choice.

YES SIR! That bike is sweet.
An old vintage frame that now looks like an....
Enigma!

Carl.

That is one heck of a pizza delivery bike! :p You could use a medium pizza tin for a chainring to go with the four large ones. :D
Looking super sweet buddy!!! That's a big change in the sprocket from that kiddie one you had. Had you unveiled the bars before?

Back