Ever wonder what a half million dollar paint job looks like

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

we painted a jet. paint alone was in excess of 300 grand plus labor put the job just over 500 grand. must be nice to have crazy money
P7170013.jpg

P7170011.jpg

P7170009.jpg

P7170007.jpg

P7170006.jpg

P7170002.jpg

300,000 for paint!.........60,000 rattle cans!.........NO FLAT BLACK? (not a TRUE RatJet)

Dude thats sweet, Is it that ppg chameleon paint? Idk i like it :D

CCR said:
how much is a "nothin fancy" paint job on one of them things ?

plain jane plane paint job on the same kind of plane < say that 5 times fast lol will run about 150 grand for everything

that includes strip,sand, corrosion resistant primer, 3 coats fill primer 3 coats base (white), stripes, and detailing

Upper Class White Trash said:
KOTA said:
300,000 for paint!.........60,000 rattle cans!.........NO FLAT BLACK? (not a TRUE RatJet)

bourget bike works plane is satin black does that count

Don't know about you.....But I'm in the wrong "business"! :roll:

whos the lucky one that gets to cut and buff that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
j/k im guessing theres no color sanding and buffing on those(at least id hope not!) ahhhhhhhhhhh.......so you guys use that european stuff huh(shop im at now uses sikkens)?

Rat Rod said:
That's a beautiful paint job alrighty....was it a private jet?
yes thats all we do is private jets and one high end charter. come from all around the world to get serviced and painted. this one is from romania.

sensor said:
whos the lucky one that gets to cut and buff that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
j/k im guessing theres no color sanding and buffing on those(at least id hope not!) ahhhhhhhhhhh.......so you guys use that european stuff huh(shop im at now uses sikkens)?

i was that guy today blading down runs,sanding and buffing on a wing. they want the full service, they are probably the coming up Olympic games team plane or something with the rings and flag logos on the tail.

paint varies per customer. they seen it on something and/or word of mouth thats what they went with. dupont chrome illusion looks the same.

Oh sweet. dude i take it your a painter for a living? :mrgreen:

ricksterr1221 said:
Oh sweet. dude i take it your a painter for a living? :mrgreen:

yes rick i throw buckets of paint at planes and cut the drips off the bottom lol did i mention i hate planes :mrgreen:

"Ok, just one last pass with the varnish and this half million paint job is done"- CRINKLE CRINKLE BUBBLE BUBBLE :)

Hugo

Hugo said:
"Ok, just one last pass with the varnish and this half million paint job is done"- CRINKLE CRINKLE BUBBLE BUBBLE :)

Hugo
you don't know how close you are..

base color is tri stage and the mid coat will blister clear coat if it's not at least 80% dry before you spray clear.

D'OH!!!!! solvent pop!!! now weve got to do it again :lol:
man you guys are nuts!!! i remember when i first started i had to prep a school bus and that was insane........cant imagine what kinda work went into that(or how many gallon mixing cups :shock: )

Latest posts

Back