FACEBOOK WOW - 137K!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FACEBOOK WOW

Ha Ha...good one Randy. :lol:

If all I put out there was photos of what most people consider to be a "rat rod bike" the FB page would get old pretty quick. To me it's more of a cultural thing at this point and I'm just trying to post stuff that I think these people would like...even if it's not a bike.

It's just unfortunate that we have to be tied into the automotive definition of the term...which is obviously despised by the traditional hot rodder movement.

I would seriously change the name of the place if I didn't think it would screw up 7 years of search engine investment.

I think a hypothetical site naming contest thread should be in order to discuss this further, followed shortly by complete and absolute dismissal of changing the site name. Your Welcome :wink:

Rat Rod said:
If all I put out there was photos of what most people consider to be a "rat rod bike" the FB page would get old pretty quick.

Wait, when you say "Rat Rod Bike"...we are talking about a motorcycle right?

CCR said:
I think a hypothetical site naming contest thread should be in order to discuss this further, followed shortly by complete and absolute dismissal of changing the site name. Your Welcome :wink:

facebook_like_button_zpsa2dbb922.jpg

To me Ratrod has always meant building something you like from what you can get your hands on. So RATRODBIKES Fits this group since no matter what kind of bike you build its built how you like it. Id say start doing a Rat Rod bike of the Day (build off edition) and have all the people that was in it pick the pic they like the best of their bike. Since the build off bikes cover a wide spectrum of our hobby and our page.

Sit me on a $3000 road bike for a trip across town and other roadies will know I'm not one of them... I'm rat.

Being the anti-Facebook guy that I am, I finally took a look at what's going on over there. I was scrolling though, enjoying the awesome bikes of the day, when I catch an eyefull of my Felt Rivet bike. WHOA! What a surprise to find it in such amazing company. :)

Originally when I heard Rat Rod Bikes I had images of flat black and red rimmed bikes. You are right it is much more and there is a lot of sub categories. Muscle Bike is the same way. Usually when people hear Muscle Bike for the first time they think it is an exercise bike or something! I just tell them if my bike is a Muscle Bike and they think of exercise then what is a Muscle Car in their minds? lol :D

Rat Rod said:
Just crossed the 15,000th "LIKE" mark this evening. :shock:

Do you know how long it takes me to get a new e-mail address, then make a new Facebook profile just so I can click "Like" thousands of times?

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the RRB FB page display with BOTH the RRB Posts AND the posts by others? I know how to see one or the other, but not at the same time.

kingfish254 said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the RRB FB page display with BOTH the RRB Posts AND the posts by others? I know how to see one or the other, but not at the same time.

Nope, and a good thing, you don't want anybody posting up stuff on your main page without your approval or it tends to look like you approved of it or even posted it.

I wonder how much the Build Off is driving numbers?

Looking forward to hitting the 20,000 like mark. :mrgreen:

It always cracks me up when people "Like" the page and then gripe about stuff....like the term "Rat Rod."

You had to voluntarily click on the "Like" button to start receiving updates and yet you can't stand the term "Rat Rod." :lol:

It's kind of like me despising a certain soft drink and then "Liking" their FB page.

Who has the time for this????? :lol:

kingfish254 said:
I wonder how much the Build Off is driving numbers?

Probably not much.

I don't even think that half of these people even know this site exists.

Facebook has become a world in itself. You can click around in it like you would the web and find whatever you are into.

Probably tons of people who have liked the RRB FB page that would never consider joining a forum.

Very true, Facebook has turned into what AOL use to be back around 93-95 when people looked at all the AOL chat rooms and content but never really ventured out into the actual internet, like a couple on a Caribbean cruise at port.

Back