Fat Sand bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an AARP card in the mail yesterday, reminded me that I hit 50 on saturday, so I went on line ordered me
a boardwalk cruiser from fatsandbike.com. single speed, steel frame 4 inch tires. wanted to post pics see if I could
get kingfish to pop a spring. Anyway .... got a phone call this morning from sales dept. they are all out of that bike
will be end of the month before they get it in so he canx'd the order he said. has a nice demo with a few nicks he can
sell me. ask him to email pics of the bike... he txts stock store pics too small to see anything and not even the bike he
is trying to sell me. tell him no thanks will wait and reorder bike later, call the 888 nr listed on my invoice to check the
status of my order that i have been told was already canx'd .. because there is a charge pending on my card. the sales dept
said they did not know anything.. about my order.. and that the guy i talk to said he would take care of it.. and hung up on
me. so now i have to go the bank and make sure they canx'd the charge... and i still dont have the bike...
oh ..on the web site... 2nd day ups shipping for the bike was 23 bucks... :lol: :x

I tell ya . was thinking I would cut it up .. and make a stretch fatty .. or a baseman style frame.. but cant seem to get
my hands on the bike... starting to look like only uncle stretch can save the day here. ha ha.. there is a bike shop south
of houston that sales them .. I may jump down there have a look about .

Good luck with getting the bike. That's pretty sweet looking and it comes in Fugsley Orange too.

yhst-132208103736625_2216_4068243

The Terrain Destroyer juniors are pretty cool too.

yhst-132208103736625_2212_303570

Why dont you get the Fat Sand Cruiser II instead? It looks like the same bike but with a 3 speed hub for only 50 bucks more.

Love those 26 x 4.8 tires!!!!

yhst-132208103736625_2216_1761475

Great looking bikes! I'm working on a sand cruiser right now, with 24 x 3 inch tires though, doing it on the cheap.

When I saw "AARP", I knew there was going to be something wrong. (even though they had nothing to do with it)

wow, they make some cool stuff. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

Maybe, I'll buy one of those for the wheelset and put them on my Rat Fink frame and make a Sand Fink. :p

Wildcat said:
Great looking bikes! I'm working on a sand cruiser right now, with 24 x 3 inch tires though, doing it on the cheap.

When I saw "AARP", I knew there was going to be something wrong. (even though they had nothing to do with it)

What tires are you using?

Nirve fat ... tires. I have a 26" dyno untraglide frame, but it's a girls. I might use a 55 Columbia if the tires fit, or doctor the dyno frame..

kingfish254 said:
Why dont you get the Fat Sand Cruiser II instead? It looks like the same bike but with a 3 speed hub for only 50 bucks more.

Love those 26 x 4.8 tires!!!!

yhst-132208103736625_2216_1761475
i was thinking about that .. they try'd to up sell me a demo .. and doubled the shipping cost from the web site at the
same time... but still waiting for them to cancell the other order...

the one i wanted was a steel frame... 618 shipped... the cruizer 2 is 3 spd aluminum and 920 shipped...

Choppersus offers a one along with Surly , check thos out if you can't get this brand.

I will look ... I like the fat sand .. cause they had a steel frame single speed bike.. and under 600 if I dont
like the ride.. i was going to cut it up and turn it into something different...

Sand? You got Sand in OKC??? :D

Great looking bikes, hope at least one works out for you.

Back