Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the sound stage to myself but only for 30 minutes. If I had unlimited time like I normally do (but there are usually a lot of sets around) this would have been awesome.
bastardtwin.png
bastard5.png
bastard4.png
bastard2.png
bastard1.png

I was able to spread the rear triangle by hand when I put it in. The 8 speed isn't that much wider, just enough to be snug. Might be a little tougher on an aluminum frame, so measure twice, as they say.
I believe the 8 speed width is 2 mm wider than the 3...I don't know if I could spread my aluminum frame 2 mm to make it fit.... I should ask Gigmata... He might know...

I believe the 8 speed width is 2 mm wider than the 3...I don't know if I could spread my aluminum frame 2 mm to make it fit.... I should ask Gigmata... He might know...
I have used Sturmey-Archer 8 speeds on 3 bikes with no tears. I rebuilt a Vintage Iron 3 speed Felt that needed no mods for the hub at all. Some of my bikes did need to be spread a bit, the Thunder Star which was a King Pin and Switch-a-roo, which was a Baron 2 (I think.)

- by Gigmata

I have used Sturmey-Archer 8 speeds on 3 bikes with no tears. I rebuilt a Vintage Iron 3 speed Felt that needed no mods for the hub at all. Some of my bikes did need to be spread a bit, the Thunder Star which was a King Pin and Switch-a-roo, which was a Baron 2 (I think.)

- by Gigmata
Thx Gig... I may look into a sturmey archer hub

It's a sweet sweet ride!
I fell in love with frame - it's got a style to it .
The sturmey 2speed kickback works well - although I geared it down a bit .
I've swapped a few parts , and will likely swap a few more along the way , I'm thinking about putting some 26x65mm rims on with a sturmey drum on the front - seeing as there is loads of clearance .
That and I've not seen one that has been charged up .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trial fit of my new bars, need longer cables and having a bit of bother getting my twist shift over the thick powdercoat but I will get there, look a lot better once I get the grips etc back on, and a nice light fitted when I find one I like!

Latest posts

Back